Rutgalash

Ghash waited for some time. He sat on the ledge, then he stood and paced, then he sat again. He was out of patience. He'd grown weary of all this waiting and standing around without answers. Just a yes or no, that's all he needed. Finally, his answer walked into the dungeon as Lord Éomer stared at him suspiciously through the bars. "I am gathering an army." he began, "The idea is to ride hard and fast to Gondor, and kill any and all orcs that cross our path. No unnecessary stops, nothing slowing us down, no liabilities. How are you not one of these? What would you do if I were to bring you?" he questioned

"I would ride until you bade me stop and would kill any orc or man that met with disapproval in your eyes." he responded calmly.

"You meet with disapproval in my eyes." said Éomer with a raised brow.

"But I am neither man nor orc." he countered.

"Hmm." muttered the man, thoughtfully. "The men tell me that you fought well. They also say that you forwarned us of the men from Umbar." he said.

"Would you have me confirm this?" questioned Ghash.

"No. But how do I know you won't turn on me?" he asked.

Ghash chuckled, "To what end?! Yes, the moment you free me from this cell, I could attack, but pray, what would be the point? What chance would I have against the entire Rohirrim? I might not fear death, but I do not idly seek it out. Regardless, that would only hinder my goal." Éomer was silent before nodding. He turned and whistled, summoning two men into the dungeon.

"You'd better be able to ride bound." he said as the guards opened the cell door.

"I would ride blindfold if it would please you." muttered Ghash. "Though I would advise removal of any bindings prior to open battle."

"Obviously." he said. Ghash grabbed his armor, strapping his helm on as he stepped from the cell. "Come on, we don't have time to waste." he said, turning and walking out with Ghash and the guards in toe.

Elayin worked in relative quiet as most of the women were out watching the soldiers. Dani being one of them. "My lady, the soldiers are leaving, you can see Lord Legolas at the front!" she reported from the doorway.

"They're leaving already!?" questioned one of the men. "Miss, I need out of the bandages!" he exclaimed.

"Stay put!" Elayin barked, "You're in no state to go to battle, your leg is barely healed."

"But the king needs all the men he can get!" he pushed.

"He needs all the able-bodied men he can get. You aren't one of those, and if you think you are and try to walk out that door, I will prove you wrong!" she said, staring the man down. The man swallowed and sat back on the cot with a look of mingled shock and disappointment. Several other men groaned in annoyance. Some were glad to not have to face the next battle, but many were bitter about being excluded while their king and friends went to war.

"My lady, do you want to see?" asked Dani.

"Do I want to watch Legolas and a bunch of other men go to war to receive death and injury? No, not really." she muttered. Dani frowned, turning back to her.

"You needn't be so pessimistic. There's a good chance they shall return!" she said optimistically.

"That's not been my experience." Elayin murmured. Dani's brows furrowed, her face flushing.

"I'm sorry, my lady, I wasn't thinking..." she said nervously.

Elayin heaved a sigh, "Never mind. They need the support of those who will see them off. Im just... Im in a mood, ignore me." she said.