Galkrul

The weather had held its promise as they found the next few days in a shroud of rain. Of course, that would be the weather as she found herself finally able to walk without the stick, even if she did limp. It didn't help that she was by herself as Ghashnaga had gone out to hunt, leaving her to pace the hut like a caged wolf. Well, a limping kenneled dog anyway.

It was some time before he returned, but when he did, she found him carrying a deer over his shoulder, drenched in the rain. "Finally caught one I see." she said. He dropped it to the floor with a thud.

"I shall need another before I can leave." he said.

"Well, that's a start." she said. He stepped in, shaking the water out of his hair and off of his bare, shining arms.

"Did you hear me?" he asked.

"Pardon?" she said, shaking herself out of her thoughts. He rolled his eyes.

"I said it should not be long now." he said.

"Till what?" she asked.

He raised a brow, "You are sharp today." he muttered.

She glared at him. "I was thinking about other things. Ok!?" she said, crossing her arms.

"Well, try and think about what is relevant, first and foremost." he said.

"What truly pleasant company I keep..." she muttered.

"You could set the dead on the offensive, elf." He muttered as he ran his hand over his hair, ringing out the water. At that moment, she felt strangely uncomfortable. She wasn't offended, they'd had debates dozens of times, but somehow, something about the way he... She just didn't feel right.

"I should think that deer would turn on the offensive if you never get around to processing it." she said clearing her throat. He grumbled something before grabbing a knife and marching past her with a glare. As he walked out, she went for a drink, hoping to clear her mind. What was her problem!? Was she sick? She thought she might have had a fever. She would be fine in a couple of days. In a couple of days, everything would be back to normal. It would be back to the way it once was. Ghashnaga would be gone and her life would be the way it always was. Like the years before. She definitely felt sick.

"Elayin." she spun around with a squeak of surprise, knocking against the table behind her. He raised a brow at her. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing! I'm fine." she said. He gave a hmph of thought.

"Know you the time?" he asked, still looking at her in confusion.

"Oh, um... Midday." she said. He nodded as he slowly returned to his work. She passed her hand over her eyes with a sigh. Her head hurt, her hands felt cold and shaky, and she felt nauseous. She pulled the chain around her neck from her collar and held the trinket in her palm. She'd be fine. She'd make it. Of course, she would! Everything would be alright. Everything would be just fine...