Zagalkrul

He sat in the prison cell silently, his arms bound, and a guard watching him for some time, but he didn't care. He sat waiting for the worst. What was his master doing there!? Well, he supposed his master had long held control over the king, so maybe he should have wondered. Though the king looked nothing like he had expected, and even his master didn't seem quite the same. But he couldn't miss that voice. He was dead, or worse, his master would take custody of him. He wished they would kill him already. This waiting game was worse than the end result. How long had it been? He wasn't sure, he couldn't see the sun from his cell. He was exhausted, and hungry, but he was too anxious to consider sleep, and food was not to be seen, so he sat, waiting, watching. 

The guards that watched him refused to turn his head as if they feared to look away, lest he should strike from behind the bars. Both fear and hate were in the gaze of the guard, but he was unconcerned, he just wanted something, anything, to happen! The guard suddenly looked to his left as faint footsteps approached. The steps belonged to the elf from before as he came closer, and motioned the guard to leave, which he did happily. The elf crossed his arms as he looked to Ghash, in silence. Ghash returned his gaze unblinkingly, waiting for the first move. 

"So, you would freely aid us in this war?" said the elf, but Ghash said nothing. He didn't really care for repeating himself, and he'd already done it three times. "What's in it for you? Our last traitor had a price, and you?" he added.

"Are you going to kill me?" questioned Ghash, growing weary of the baiting.

The elf rolled his eyes carelessly. "Not yet, but I may change my mind." Why? wondered Ghash, but he didn't really want to press his luck. "Well then, prison cell, chains and ropes, men all over the place, doesn't really seem like the sort of thing an Uruk would choose willingly." he continued. Ghash was silent. "Is this what you expected to get, Uruk, when you gave yourself up?" he questioned.

"No." muttered Ghash, "This is more than I had presumed to get." The elf gave a thoughtful, 'hmm', but didn't comment. He moved for the door of the cell. Unlocking it, he entered, closing the door behind himself. The elf turned to face him, Ghash's eyes locked on him suspiciously.

"So, one man's dog, is another's prisoner." said the elf. So that was his game, he wanted to get a rise out of him. He said nothing, he wasn't going to give him the satisfaction or the reason to kill him. He simply watched him, his brows furrowed.

"What do you expect from the end of the war? It's not like you're going to walk away from it, so why?" he questioned. Ghash slowly stood from the stone cot, meeting the elf's eyes. He wasn't any taller than the elf, but he was broader of shoulder and muscle mass. He stared unblinkingly to the elf, speaking lowly.

"My people have long known there is far worse in life than death."

"Worse perhaps, but then what's your reason? You don't get the pleasure of murdering another innocent life, what else do you have to fight for?" he questioned, but Ghash said nothing. "What even is it to be an Uruk Hai? You've no Valar to claim you, your ancestry isn't even yours, just another pawn." Pressed the elf, a raised brow. It wasn't going to work. "No legacy, the only memory you'll leave is the knowledge that you surrendered and died to the men of Rohan." he continued as he began circling Ghash, who stood still, watching him from the corner of his eyes. "Sad really. 'the fighting Uruk Hai', and you're this. The mere mutt of an orc." pressed the elf. Ghash tensed, fighting the urge to reply. The elf sensed this, realizing he was on the right track. "A lot of bolstering for the result to be this." Ghash simply looked ahead ignoring him. He couldn't afford to get angry, and one damned elf wasn't going to get the better of him... Again...

The elf continued circling him, sneering distastefully as he looked him over, but he simply ignored him. "What use would you be anyway, clearly didn't do well as a servant of the enemy, and it's not as if you-..." The elf suddenly fell silent. Ghash awaited the rest of the snide statement, but when it didn't come, he turned his head trying to see the elf. The moment he felt fingers against his arm, he jumped reflexively away. "What is that?" asked the elf in a tone of legitimate confusion. He pointed to his arm, and when Ghash looked and realized he still wore her necklace, his heart stopped, and every curse he had ever known ran through his mind.