Utgalrut

Ghash walked from the throne room in a daze; unsure where he was going or what was next. Looking to the guards, who seemed in an equal state of bewilderment, he asked, "Where shall you lead me?" The guards exchanged questioning looks with each other, trying to decide what was next. They couldn't let him wander wherever he pleased, but they supposed they couldn't imprison him either.

"I... Well... I suppose the lads can endure you in the barracks until the two weeks are up, not that they'll like it." answered the guard. Well, that was something, but then what? He didn't expect an opportunity to confer with her to know if she could join him. Knowing her, she'd fight tooth and nail so to do, but the elf was likely equal in rigidity. Damn, he hadn't considered if she was strong enough to travel!! Well, based on her first greeting to him, she definitely had strength!  

But what did she need? Admittedly, he had little to no experience with women following birth and wasn't sure what to expect. Regardless, he felt certain that Elayin would be determined to tread his path. But how could she? The likelihood of the Gondorians telling him where said maiden resided was fairly slim. But damn it all, he made it this far. He didn't know how or why, or what greater being saw fit to spare him, but he would figure it out even if he had to just sit outside of the Gondorian walls and wait to see if she left. Damn, he sounded like a lost hound, waiting for its master to return. Quite the pride of Isengard. Pathetic as he may be, this was all that was left for him. She was all he'd ever had. He'd think of something, or she would, or they'd both come up with two solutions that counteract one another. Who knows, but they'd find a way. 

"My lady! Please! You really must return to your room!" called the guard, trailing behind her brisk stride.

"Why, because Lord Legolas decrees it?" she scoffed, "He can make me go himself if he's got the guts!" 

"My lady!" the man tried desperately to reason. She marched through the castle looking around for the man in question. She asked the occasional passerby with little success, till she turned the corner and saw his tall, backlit figure as he stood ahead of the balcony.

"Legolas!!" she yelled, gaining his attention as she made a beeline toward him. "We need to talk!" she said, her brows furrowed.

"I'm sorry, my Lord, she won't listen to reason!" said the guard as they reached his position. Legolas regarded her with a bitter expression, brows knitted and lips pressed tightly together. He nodded his head to the guard, signaling him to leave, to which the guard happily conceded. He turned wordlessly from her stepping out on the balcony and away from any onlookers before addressing her.

"Alright, what?" he said begrudgingly.

"You know what." she said in annoyance, "I want to know what your decision is."

"No, you want me to help you go off with that creature." he muttered.

"Of course I do, and by that logic i must know your decision, mustn't I?" countered Elayin. He was quiet for a brief moment before looking down to her with dismissive appathy.

"You may not be clear minded enough to see what you should do, but I am. I cant permit you to so boldly disregard sense and reason. Like it or not, it is my lot to see that you are safe. You should come to terms with that."

"How is that your right!?" she demanded.

"The king has put me in charge of you for the time being until I can return you to your family." he explained.

"He made you my surrogate family, not my ruler. I was there!" she said in aggravation.

"This is for your own good, Elayin. End of discussion." he said before turning to go back inside. She caught his arm, turning him back to face her.