Krulgalzag

"Bedrolls, cooking utensils, compass, wait did I get the flint?" she muttered to herself as she sorted through her travel pack. "Have I forgotten to pack anything?"

"The forest?" he suggested with his arms crossed. She shot him a look.

"Oh, that's helpful." She said.

"How am I intended to aid you? There is naught you have not packed." he grumbled.

"What are you talking about? I haven't packed all that much!" she exclaimed.

He looked over her shoulder with a raised brow, "Books, brush, bedrolls." he listed mockingly. She quickly closed the bag.

"And what exactly did you pack?" she questioned.

"Rations." he replied.

"That's it?" she said.

"Of course not, but I certainly did not pack grooming implements." he said.

"Ok, it's not like we're going to be running day and night to war, we're traveling to a place where we plan to stay! So we don't need to be Uruk-troop light!" she said. They had begun packing slowly, taking their time, knowing there was no rush. Well, at least that was her opinion on the matter. Her companion on the other hand seemed to think that they should leave right then and there, and preferably without stops or rest.

She stood from the bag and moved in front of him, her arms on her hips like a judging parent. "Where is it?" she demanded.

"Where is what?" he replied.

"Your bag. If you get to stand there and critique my supplies, then it's only fair." she said. She was already walking towards his bag by the time he nodded his head in its direction. She knelt down and started shuffling through it. Of course, she found nothing other than the bare necessities. The most frivolous thing he had was his wet stone! "Seriously?" she exclaimed in a voice that couldn't decide whether to laugh or groan in exasperation.

"What? It is only practical." he said.

"Practical!? You could just about carry this on your person sans a bag!" she said, but he simply shrugged.

"You exaggerate." she sat pushing through the rations and tools shaking her head. Only an Uruk Hai would look at this and think it a complete travel pack. She couldn't help as an insatiable urge set in, to put something, anything in the bag, as long as it was something he could live without. She then thought to one item. An item that was not only needless to him, but practically offensive to his masculine, Uruk pride. Smiling mischievously, she reached to her neck and unclasped the necklace.

"What is it you are doing?" He questioned.

"Fixing something." she said. He peered around her to his bag but could see nothing. "There, all done!" she said standing from his bag. A brow raised suspiciously, he examined his bag, as she walked away with self-satisfaction.

"Woman!" he exclaimed as he found the item.

"Yes, dearest, love of my life?" she said in dripping sarcasm.

"Take it back!" he barked holding the necklace out.

"You can't tell me what to do!" she said with a smirk.

"I have no need of your elvish trinkets!" he said.

"Oh don't be such an infant about it, it's only a necklace." she replied.

"And something I do not need!" he pushed.

"You're not meant to need it, you're meant to want it." she said.

"I neither need it nor wish it!" he growled. She couldn't help but laugh at his aggravation at the small jewel. Only an Uruk Hai. She walked closer to him, pushing the hand that held the pendant back against his breast.

"Don't be so whiny and just keep it." she said with a laugh.

"I am not whining, I simply do not want it. Regardless, it bears meaning to you."

She smiled, "Yes, but so do you. Keep it, it's a little part of me." she urged. He finally heaved a sigh as he rolled his eyes.

"Fine. If but to satisfy you, but do not expect me to don it." he grumbled, haphazardly replacing it in his bag.

"Oh certainly! That would be asking far too much!" she mocked, earning a glare.

"Do you not have work to do?" he muttered.

"Yes, but we have plenty of time." she replied. She glanced to the sky seeing as the sun had almost concluded its journey west. "It's getting late. Let's call it for tonight. Finish up whatever it is you're doing and come in, I'll throw together some food." she said. He looked as if he were about to argue, but she simply turned and began walking back to the hut. She was lost in her thoughts as she tried thinking of some meal that seemed remotely appealing. Honestly, nothing sounded very appetizing. "What do you think?" she asked as she heard him enter the hut behind her. Calmly looking over a jar of ground herbs, she jumped in surprise as a hand pushed the jar she held back on the table.

She'd been about to fuss at him for creeping about like that, but her words fell short as he simply said, "Later..." his other hand on her hip, making his intentions clear. Well, food really didn't sound very interesting after all, and his suggestions were put in such a way as to be very hard to argue with. So, with a sidelong smirk, she was forced to agree...