Zagalash

She stood racking her brain on what she could do. She'd earned some peace and quiet in the empty throne room, as everyone was out dining, and her guards were meandering thinking that surely she wouldn't be in a room that was usually bustling with life. But everyone was gone, and the doors were shut leaving her alone. She stood behind the throne, looking out the large and ornate window, it was closer to the trees than she'd been in days. Or was it weeks? Figures, even in civilization she still couldn't keep track of time. Maybe if she'd paid more attention she could have at least known. But that didn't matter now.

If she managed to escape and went north, what then? She'd have to make a new hut, which wouldn't be so bad, but she didn't know how she could manage that, and get food, and fight against enemies, all while she would be having a child! If Ghash were there, then maybe, but how alone!? It would be safer to stay in Murkwood, but not when they see what the child's lineage is! Knowing her luck, she would manage to escape and in the end, the child would look like an elf, and it would all be pointless!! Well, at least then she'd be free, and wouldn't have to raise the child as a noble. Although it would be kind of funny for her mother to be proudly showing off the heir to the estate who would be half Uruk. No, be serious, this is no time for being petty! 

"Years ago," she suddenly jumped upon hearing the voice, only to see the king casually crossing the room, his hands folded behind his back. "when my wife and I were still expecting Legolas, she stood right there, looking out that window, just thinking." he said.

"I'm so sorry, my lord, I didn't mean to intrude!" she exclaimed.

He simply waved his hand, "Think nothing of it. It took thirteen people to put that pane in, it'd be a shame if no one used it." he calmly strolled beside her, facing the window. She hadn't realized just how tall he was till then, as she usually saw him sitting, and when he stood, she was never so close to him. "You sure know how to quiet a room." he chuckled.

"Yes..." she muttered. "Sorry about that."

"Unexpected, I'll admit, but to be fair, reading people has never been my forte, so I suppose I wouldn't have known." he replied.

She raised a brow. "You?" she scoffed.

"Sad but true." he said.

"Could have fooled me, it always feels as if you can see right through people." she said, turning to look out the window again.

"I can usually tell if someone is lying to me, but that doesn't mean I can tell what's on their mind." he answered. "For example, a few years ago, I could have sworn Legolas would ask you to marry him." at this she suddenly turned to look at him.

"Legolas?!" she questioned with a raised brow, "we were just friends!"

"Well I know that now!" he said, rolling his eyes. "But look at it from my perspective. Two young people, wild, impulsive. You two were thick as thieves!" he said with a smile which she shared.

"What would you have said?" she asked.

"If he proposed to you?" she nodded. "Well, at the time, thinking about you as the future queen and heir to the kingdom... Absolutely not." he answered.

"Oh no, tell me how you really feel!" She chuckled.

"I'm king, I'm supposed to say what I think. But honestly, as brash and impulsive as you were, you would have run the kingdom into the dirt. You're simply too emotionally driven and hot-headed." he said.

"Legolas was always very emotionally driven!" she argued.

"Yes, but he's not so hot-headed and foolish. Besides, it's the combination of the two of you that would really be the problem." he said, and she gave no argument, he was probably right. "Now thinking of you as my daughter-in-law, and Legolas' wife... Maybe..." he mused.