Utgalgakh

An uproar arose as Legolas broke the ice, ordering Ghash taken away. Ghash growled a low rumble, holding her protectively as he cast an angered glare on those around them. But he had to let go as the soldiers pulled him away, and for her sake, he relented. Elayin yelled angrily, moving to stop them, but was quickly pulled away by her arm as Legolas harshly dragged her from the courtyard, and away from Ghash. They'd reached an empty corridor before she jerked her arm from his grasp, turning a glare on him.

"What do you think you're doing?!" she snapped.

"What am I doing!?" he exclaimed.

"Where are they taking him?!" she demanded.

 "Have you lost your damned mind!?" he said ignoring her question, his face bright red, flushed with shock and anger. "I think I deserve an explanation." Elayin said nothing for a long moment, glaring back at him.

"Ghash didn't kill my husband..." she admitted at long last.

"Ghash!?" he exclaimed, taken aback by the familiarity of the address.

"Yes, Ghash!" she said through narrowed eyes. "I'm not widowed; the man you thought of as my husband never even existed!"

"You lied about It? But... Why!? Why the deception? I don't understand!" he said anxiously.

"Because Ghash... He... the Uruk Hai, he is my husband." she said, finally. Legolas stared at her dumbly, unable to process what he'd just been told. Then, as it slowly sank in, his face visibly paled.

"You don't mean that..." he muttered.

"It's been over a year now." she said. He shook his head, his lips pressed tightly together. 

"I don't believe you..." he murmured.

"Look, this wasn't how I wanted you to find out, I wanted to tell you, but I was waiting till a good moment!" she said, pleadingly, but he just stepped back, shaking his head.

"It's impossible..."

"I know it sounds strange, but If you would listen, I can explain!"

"Elayin!" he yelled, silencing her, "Stop! Just stop!" she said nothing, watching him in silence. He was quiet for another moment, before whispering, "What have you done?" She opened her mouth to explain, but he raised his hand, stopping her. "Elayin, I need you to tell me that you didn't mean... That... Say that you're not... affiliated with that orc." he urged her, "That must be what you mean, I can't believe you would turn traitor. Please, I beg of you, take it back!" 

"I didn't turn traitor!" she said, "But I can't take it back. I meant what I said. The Uruk, Ghashnaga, is my husband." he said nothing, turning from her, trying and failing to gather himself.

"You claim not to be a traitor, so I have no choice but to think you deceived..."

"Deceived!?" she scoffed.

"Yes, deceived!! I don't know what has happened, or what he has done to you, but this is ridiculous! You are not bound with that creature! I would never have thought you so foolish to trust anything that thing would say!!" he said, pacing animatedly.

"You can't be serious!" she said, unsure whether to laugh or yell in anger. "Legolas, I am in earnest, there is no way for me to make it plainer! I'd hoped you would help me, that was why I came here in the first place!"

"Look, I know you're not truly bound to him. No one would marry you, and your mother would certainly not allow it!" he said. "So please, for the love of... Everything! Just forget about him, go home, and never speak of this again! You have no obligation!" he reasoned. Her face darkened as she looked at him.