Krulgalgakh

She had been spending her morning tanning a hide for leather, which became a task much like hunting, as he continually questioned her methods. "You still disregard my suggestion." he stated.

"First of all, you're suggestions feel more like directions, and second, yes, I am disregarding them." she replied.

"But it is more practical!" He reasoned.

"Yes and revolting!! My method of tanning is just fine." she said. He rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"You insist upon wasting resources purely because you find it distasteful." he muttered.

"Exactly! And it's not a waste if I'm using them!" she shot back.

"But you could use them for other purposes!" he pushed.

"Ok, what exactly are you doing, cause it's certainly not being helpful!" she said.

"I am oiling my scimitar." he said with an indignant look. She cast a skeptical look on him as he spread the grease he had boiled over the blade with a cloth.

"I fail to see the benefit." she muttered.

"Then you are a fool." he replied. "I can not permit the blade to rust."

"You know, I don't recall the swords from my home really rusting, and I certainly don't remember anybody "oiling" them." she scoffed.

"Of course. However, Uruk iron is not so convenient." he said with a glare. She took advantage of his annoyance, continuing her work without his interference. He always argued with her choices, but he seemed in a particularly quarrelsome mood, that or he was just very particular about hides. Regardless, she finished her work and came to a pausing point where she had to wait.

"There, done! And would you look at that, I survived without your input." she said, flashing him a patronizing smile which earned a glare.

"Lati murtag..." he muttered.

"Oh, I remember that one! Am I back to being a plague again?" she mocked. At this, he gave a faint smirk.

"Always." he replied. She set aside her tools and began to walk away, motioning to him.

"Come on. Your sword can't need that much attention. I think you sharpen it more than it needs anyway." she said.

"You would not think so if we were to be attacked yet again." she chose not to reply to this, but where she failed, he began. "Have you considered my words?" he asked.

"Somewhat." she replied briefly.

"Elayin, we can not maintain our current position." he said.

"I know, I know, but I'm just... I don't know." she trailed off, turning her back to him.

"Elayin." he said.

"It's just that... Well, I haven't really thought about leaving. I've been here for years." she explained.

"You are no longer safe here." he said. "We must leave."

"But where?! And how? If we're really in that much danger, how can we travel? And where would be safe." He stood and moved beside her.

"You have a map. We can plot a journey away from danger." he said. She was quiet for a time before beginning.

"Ghash, do you really think this war will grow too big for us to simply wash our hands of?" he nodded.

"I do."

"Then we have no choice?" she asked. He silently nodded yet again. "Then I must leave my forest, for the first time in... Years..." she muttered. He looked to her, but her gaze was cast downward, lost in thought. He didn't know what to say or do. He couldn't understand her hesitance, but he knew she was unhappy, and she didn't want to leave.