Krak

Opening her eyes, she was met by the early fingers of sunlight. She sat up remembering where she was. She dropped down from the branch she was on and quickly made her way for her hut. She carefully made her way in, prepared for any sudden attack, or perhaps an empty hut. But as she entered, she found the creature sitting on the cot, attempting to mend its shredded armor.

It gave her a quick glance before turning back to its leather. She wasn't quite sure what to do about the creature now. She felt more uncertain now than when she found the thing! She walked in, grabbing some berries from her shelf. "... So... How is it coming?" she asked, trying to break the silence, but all she got was a grunt. The room was still once more as she ate her fruit and watched the creature try to fix its armor to no avail. 

"Which way is east?.." questioned the creature out of the blue.

"So that's why you didn't leave yet." she said.

"I did not leave," barked the creature as it stood from the bed, "because I lack any and all defenses!" it glared at her with a sneer.

"Well that's hardly my fault!" she said.

"Where did you find me?" it said, ignoring her.

"Why?" she asked.

"I need armor and a sword." it replied blankly.

"You're just going to raid the bodies!?" she exclaimed in disgust.

"Spare me your precious morals." it said with a look of annoyance.

"Well you're not going anywhere anyway." she said crossing her arms.

It gave a low growl, "Wretched elfling."

"Well you've hardly been easy to get along with!" she said.

"Your convenience was never my priority." he shot back.

"If I were to call you one thing, it wouldn't be convenient!" she exclaimed becoming rapidly more aggravated. "But until I can be rid of you, you're stuck here. Get used to it!" she immediately wished she hadn't said that as the creature stepped closer, glaring down at her, a low rumble in its throat. But it simply snatched the wine bottle from her table and marched outside where it sat beside the door.

Cursed creature! Do they have no sense of appreciation!? Of course, they don't. They are animalistic monsters, she could hardly expect it to say "thank you kindly, ma'am". Do they even know what kindness is? Surely they had it somewhere in them, but of this hope, she had yet to be convinced.

Midday came, at which point she grabbed some smoked meat and stepped outside. She found the creature using her knife to sharpen and clean a large stick. She tossed it a piece of the meat, "Here, eat." she said with a tone almost gruff in its own right. The beast thoughtlessly caught it without paying her much attention. She sat on the opposite side of the door from the creature.  They both silently sat eating, her casually nibbling, and the beast angrily tearing chunks as it worked. At least it was eating now.

"You are a fool, She-elf..." it muttered. She looked to it, but it wasn't looking at her.

"Yes." she said, "I suppose I am, orc."

"Uruk-Hai!" it yelled, snapping its head at her.

"Well, saying 'Uruk-Hai' every time is tiring." she said.

"Tired is preferable to dead. I am not an 'orc'." It spoke the word with dripping contempt.

"Well, then what would you have me call you?" she inquired.

"I would not have you call me at all." responded the creature.

"Aren't you called anything else?" she pressed. It went silent, and she did not press further, she mostly wanted to get it off her back. A soft breeze blew through, crossing her face. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes. All was quiet, save the rustle of leaves.

"Ghashnaga..." muttered the creature, but she still couldn't understand the language.

"Pardon?" she asked.

"You asked..." it said, its attention focused on something else. She thought about what she'd asked for a moment, then she realized.

"Your name? Ghashnaga?" it said nothing. "Well, my name isn't 'She-elf', it's Elayin." it was still silent.

It rose to its feet, giving a simple, "Night approaches." before walking back in. She rolled her eyes. What had she gotten herself into, and when would she get out of it!?