ZagalKrith

Ghash opened his eyes suddenly, realizing he had fallen asleep. He wasn't sure what time it was, but it must have been early as they hadn't come to get him yet. The days prior were spent training the men. The roar still stunned them every time, though they were getting slowly more accustomed to it. But there was still more work to be done.

Ghash waited, but as time passed, he realized that it had to be at least midday, and yet no one had come. He rose from his bed and stepped to the bars. He tried to look down the hall, but he could see nothing. "Just sit back down, orc, no one's coming." said the guard.

"Why do they not train?" he asked.

"War." answered the guard. War? Was the attack on Rohan beginning? The city would certainly fall, it barely had a picket fence surrounding it. What was happening!? Mere moments passed before another man approached the guard.

"I'll take your post, go get your family ready." whispered the man to the guard, unaware that Ghash could hear them clearly. The guard thanked the man and jogged away.

"What is happening?" asked Ghash. The man jumped, unaccustomed to being addressed by the prisoner.

"Um... We're leaving the city." said the man, uncertain what he should or shouldn't tell the Uruk.

"What? The whole city?" pressed Ghash.

"Um yes?" answered the man. The whole city? Women and children? Only a short way from Isengard? They'd never make it unscathed!

"When do you leave?" he asked.

"Soon." was the abrupt reply of the guard.

"I must speak with the man, Aragorn." he said.

"Lord Aragorn is far too busy to be bothered by you." replied the man, crossing his arms.

"Háma then, someone!" pressed Ghash. The man sighed, then turned his head to the hall. He called some other man to him telling him to deliver the message that the 'orc' wanted a talk if they could spare a moment. He guessed that was the most he could hope for. Ghash didn't expect much, he certainly didn't expect for someone to enter the dungeon less than an hour later, or for that someone to be the elf. He slowly walked down the steps, a look of impatience on his face. This was the last person Ghash wanted to talk to.

"What do you want?.." muttered the elf.

"The city is fleeing?" stated Ghash.

"What of it?" answered the elf.

"That is a risky gamble to make with the burden of women and children." said Ghash.

"And you would have us battle here? In Edoras? Or would you rather we leave the women and children?" spat the elf. Ghash was silent, making no reply to this statement. He was right, there really wasn't a better option, it was to either walk into danger, or stay in danger. "We leave for Helm's Deep. It's fortified and inaccessible from all sides but the front. We will stand a better chance there." added the elf.

"I understand this, but..." Ghash trailed off.

"Good. Now I assume that you had better things to bring to my attention than the obvious." said the elf. He did, but he wasn't sure exactly how to say it.

"Yes..." began Ghash.

"Well?" pressed the elf.

"What shall be done with me?" he asked.

"That is not for me to decide." the elf replied.

"But it is!" said Ghash, moving closer to the bars. "Will you take me with you?" he asked.

"Oh yes, I'm sure the people of Rohan would be delighted to bring the enemy into Helm's Deep." scoffed the elf.

"I am aware, but the men are not ready!" he urged.

"We're running out of time, Uruk. It's not my fault if you simply weren't as useful as you had claimed." said the elf dismissively.

"Tactics can be taught quickly. Or if nothing else, let me fight!" urged Ghash.

"You have been shown much leniency." muttered the elf.

"I have done all I swore to do, and I would continue to do so if enabled!" he pressed.

"Why do you want so bad to follow?" questioned the elf.

"You think me a fool to proclaim compassion?" it was Ghash's turn to scoff, "I swore to aid in this battle, and I intend to. That, and I do not wish to be shot in this cell, like a lame hound, beyond its use." The elf was silent for a moment, then he turned his back on the Uruk Hai as he walked from the prison, giving no reply. Ghash's fist fell angrily against the gate, startling the guard. He was tired of not knowing whether he was going to live or die! Granted he had no right to complain, he was lucky to be alive at all. He paced the room, unable to just sit still and wait. What were the chances that they would bring him? Was there a dungeon in Helm's Deep? There had to be. Would they let him fight? He wasn't sure. His best bet was if they still saw use in his knowledge.

He paced back and forth for what may have been hours, but nothing. Eventually, he sat down, his eyes and ears desperately waiting for anything. Once, Háma passed his cell, but he didn't so much as glance at him, and nothing seemed to come of it. Night had to be near, or maybe it had already come. Whatever the time, no one had come to kill him yet, he supposed that was good, but he couldn't really feel optimistic about the situation. He was jumping at every sound, hoping for anything.

He'd completely lost track of time, all he knew was that hours had passed, maybe the whole day, and yet nothing! Maybe it was early in the day, or maybe late in the evening. He didn't know. Finally, he heard the steps of men approaching his cell, and among the men, was the elf. Ghash stood and approached the gate, face to face with the elf. He was silent as he glared hatefully at the Uruk, till he broke the silence, "... Don't make me regret this any more than I already do..." he opened the gate. The guard walked in, grasping Ghash's shackles and binding rope to them.

"Now listen, orc," the elf began, "I want to forget you're there. If you remotely seem as though you're slowing us down, I with cut the excess baggage, and feel a great weight lifted off my mind. Remember, you are not there, and you are not a concern. Understood?" he said.

"Perfectly..." growled Ghash.

"Good. He's your responsibility." he said, looking to the man that held the rope bound to his shackles. "No more wasting time. Let's move."