18

"How did you find this place?" I asked, glimpsing at the waves tumbling back and fourth as they crashed against the rocks in front of us. I'd followed him up to a barren cliff-site, sitting above the comforting landscape.

The sun was beginning to set, embers of orange and pink intertwining with the usual sky-blue colour so that it now appeared to look like candyfloss and the glossed water began to shimmer brightly.

"Back when I was a kid," he sighed, entranced by the surreal atmosphere that encapsulated us. I noticed a smile form upon his face as he looked up at the cotton candy skies, like he was remembering all the great memories he'd had here when he was younger.
I turned to him, smiling.

"What?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I've never seen you smile before," I chuckled, watching the pretty little dimples on his face grow deeper as it widened at my words.

"I'll admit, it's been a while," he shook his head. I tilted my head looking up at him curiously.

"One minute you look like you're about to murder me whole, and then the next you look like a little kid in a candy store gawking at the fluffy clouds," I murmured and he began to laugh.

" I am still a human you know! I'm guessing you forgot that," he scoffed, leaning back onto the rocks beside him.

"I know but it's just... well, weird. A mafia guy that simpers over the sky." I chuckled, watching as the sun completely set behind the clouds and left the sky in total darkness.

He smiled at me and pointed far into the distance.

"Yeah but isn't it crazy? How no matter where we are or who we are, we're still under that one same big blue sky," his eyes twinkled as he sighed at the now dark and deep waters. I thought about his words for a minute... realising that it was true. No matter the distance, we all looked towards the same sky, the same moon, the same sun.

I watched as he slowly got up, stretching his slender arms as he neared towards me.

"We better get going, hm?" he said, sweeping his jacket off of the rocks. I frowned, wanting to stay here a little longer and watch this calming view that helped to distract my mind; serenading me.

"I'll bring you back here," He smiled, noticing my bummed out expression. "If you don't set anymore vehicles on fire that is,"

I scoffed, hesitantly clambering to my feet.

"Deal," I said and he chuckled as he began to lead me back down the cliffside and across to that trauma-filled parking lot. I watched the amber lights of the car flash brightly as it unlocked, and we both sat down in silence.

My stomach rumbled loudly, breaking it. Well it was to be expected, I hadn't eaten all day and I'd just ran what felt like a marathon a couple of hours ago.

"Can we get food?" I interrupted as he began to reverse out of the space.

"Now?!" he exclaimed, driving the car forward.

"Well, I haven't eaten all day, and I just got chased by some psychotic maniac. I've run out of calories to function!" I protested, proud of my convincing argument.

"You're so annoying," He sighed rolling his eyes. "Fine. But we're getting take-away cause I need to get home just incase Jungkook's blown something up again,"

I beamed, nodding gratefully as he began to pull up to a nearby streetfood vendor.

"Wait here," he said, unbuckling his seatbelt and jogged to the cart. I watched merrily as I saw him carrying back two steaming pots of ramen and burst out laughing as I saw him getting scolded for forgetting to pay.

He pursed his lips, jogging back and handed the man his money before opening my car door and handing me the noodles, its sweet and spicy aroma instantly fuelling my serotonin.

"Thank you!" I gleamed, downing a spoonful. I saw from the corner of my eye as he began to smile at me and made his way to his own seat.

Well, that was until he accidentally dropped the noodle-pot face down onto the side of the road.

"NOOOOOO!" I heard him screech from outside of the car, followed by some very loud cursing.

He angrily pulled open his door, extremely lucky that the whole door handle didn't come off with it, and slammed it shut in frustration.
I chuckled as I saw him shoot a deadly glare at the bare noodles laying all over the side of the road.

"Want some of mine?" I asked thoughtfully.

His frown slowly turned into a small smile as he nodded. I handed him my spoon and watched him devour the tiny pot like he was some scavenging beast that hadn't seen food in a long time.

I laughed, as a huge grin formed onto his face, and after he'd finished his share, he handed me back the pot. I stared sadly at the odd few noodles that were left, picking at them and slurping them down.

"Namjoon," I whispered, fiddling with the empty container in my hand.

"Yeah?" he replied as he began to start the car .

"Thank you for saving me earlier," I smiled. "I didn't deserve it,"

He raised an eyebrow at my words, beginning to drive smoothly down the open road.

"What do you mean you didn't deserve it?" he frowned, halting at a stop light.

"I mean, after what I put you through... you could've just-"

He took a sharp turn, clutching the brakes and suddenly stopped the car.