42

After a troublesome 3 hours of nothing but sweat, tears, and Jimin's blood from accidentally peeling his fingers along with the carrots, we finally managed to conjure up something edible.

Jungkook carefully placed it down upon the table, carefully blowing on it to cool it down. Somehow the darkened ink of his arms mixed together with the fluffy pink oven gloves over his hands, looked really good on him!

"It looks pretty tasty if I do say so myself," Jimin grinned, pulling out his phone to take a picture. "Now to show my private story that I'm hubby material!"

We rolled our eyes, chuckling at him.

"Lemme call the others down," Taehyung smiled, jogging to the corridor. I nodded, reaching up to get the cutlery from the cupboard.

"Seoyeon," I heard Jimin call out to me.

I clambered down with a handful of knives and forks within my hand, and turned to face him.

"Yeah?"

He bit his bottom lip nervously, as if he had some dire news to share and was afraid on how to tell me.

"Thank you," he suddenly said, pulling me into a hug. Alarmed, my eyes widened, and I hesitantly patted his slender back.

"For what?" I asked, confused.

"For understanding." he smiled at me, sincerely. My lips parted as I'd realised what he was referring to. I nodded at him, smiling back.

"It must be hard, noticing your sister's involvement, and I know you must be dying to find out... but thank you for keeping your mouth sealed. It means a lot to all of us," he sighed gratefully.

"It's the least I can do," I replied and he patted my shoulder, his eye-smile growing larger and more affectionate.

"Alright lets get me some beef stir fry!" Hoseok exclaimed excitedly, dancing over to the table. I smiled at his enthusiasm, grabbing him a plate and handing him a big serving of. He clapped his hands delightedly and began to devour it in one big mouthful.

"Are Joon and Jin back yet?" Yoongi rubbed his eyes as he'd entered the room, looking as if he'd just woken up from a nap. I sadly sighed, realising that the great Seokjin Ramsey himself wouldn't be here to taste this masterpiece.

My eyes widened for a second as I realised Namjoon had gone too.

"Wait Namjoon went??" I exclaimed at him. Yoongi smiled, nodding.

"Ahhh don't worry, your knight in shining armour will be back soon Seoyeon," Hoseok beamed, patting my head. I scoffed, frowning at him.

"Knight in shining armour my foot!" I grimaced and he laughed, shaking my head.

"It's no good trying to hide it, we heard it first-hand from Yoongi!" Taehyung smirked, wiggling his eyebrows.

Yoongi??! Why that little-

Suddenly, a bolt of thunder roared from outside followed by a squeaky high-pitched scream. I turned around to see Yoongi clambered behind Jimin, scared crapless. I bit my bottom lip, trying to contain my laughter.

He noticed and began to clear his throat, stepping away from him.

"Well, there's that thunderstorm they were talking about," Jungkook murmured, watching the delicate raindrops brush against the window. I went over to join him, watching as the dazzling beams of lightning slashed through the sky.

I peered closer, noticing a familiar looking object resting upon the bare porch...

Namjoon's book that he was reading from earlier.

I quickly dashed out the kitchen, making my way through the corridor and bolted out of the door. The rain was getting heavier and heavier, and the chaotically loud thunder sounds weren't making things much easier. I picked it up, sliding it into my jacket sleeve and rushed back inside- soaking wet.

They all stared at me in confusion as I walked in, completely drenched.

"Did you just voluntarily asked to get soaked?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow, folding his arms.

"Uh... yes?" I awkwardly smiled.

"Jeez Seoyeon, now's not the time for having a shower!" Hoseok chuckled, bringing me a towel. I smiled up at him gratefully.

"Namjoon left something on the porch so I ran back to get it before it got soaked," I explained, beginning to shiver. They all grinned at me, forming a deafening 'awwwww' choral.

"SHUT UP I DON'T LIKE HIM!!!" I angrily exclaimed, shooting death stares at each and every one of them. They all burst out laughing, continuing to fawn over me with their annoying coos of "awww, she's getting all flustered".

I scoffed in annoyance, leaving the kitchen and going to store the book back in Namjoon's room.

I hesitantly entered, feeling guilty about invading his privacy, and quickly clambered over to a large book shelf that lay in the far corner of his room.

His room reeked with his familiar musky scent, and I decided to glance around for a bit. I mean, he'd often barged into my room, so why couldn't I do the same!

I smiled, noticing a cute little collection of baby plants stacked neatly upon his bedside cabinet. For such an organised person, he had a large collection of clothes scattered around in a messy pile that obstructed most of the  natural light from his window. Feeling useful, I decided to pick them all up and neatly fold them, placing them to the side of his surprisingly large wardrobe. For a guy that mainly wore baggy shirts and joggers everyday, he sure did have quite a big collection!

Exhaustedly, I sat down onto his immensely comfortable bed and pulled the soggy book out from underneath my sleeve. I peered at the cover sadly, noticing that the rain had drawn out most of its colour.

I opened it carefully and tried to dry the pages, flicking through each and every one. I reached the back of the book, noticing a large imprint of smeared ink. It took a lot of squinting, but I managed to decipher its meaning:

Property of...

My eyes widened as they moved down to see the owner of the book, and although slightly smudged, it stood out so bold and brightly to me, the familiar handwriting sending shivers down my spine as I read it:

Property of...

Lee Seoyeon.