44

After successfully escaping being doomed to dishes, I'd quickly left to my room, chuckling as I saw Seokjin and Hoseok bickering over the injust decision of making them wash up.

I opened my door and lazily yawned, resting down upon the bed. Today had been a long day indeed. I pulled out the photograph from underneath my pillow and began to look over it again, stroking over the glossy finishing once before placing it back under. I'd still kept a hold of Namjoon's book, not getting an opportunity to drop it off discreetly since I'd gotten distracted. I heavily sighed, proceeding to open the now slightly drier book and traced my finger along the matted pages, reading the semi-blurred text.

Suddenly, the door flung open and I hurriedly buried  the book beneath my bed sheets, trying my best to act natural. I turned to face the man who'd so rudely burst in without knocking, raising an eyebrow as I saw Namjoon standing there.

"Oh Namjoon, what are you doing he-"

He slammed the door angrily behind him and began to lock it shut.

"WHAT THE HECK???!" I exclaimed, tensing up as I saw him approach me, his long legs reaching me in about 2 strides.
I gulped as I saw him crouch down, resting upon the balls of his feet.
Ever since he came back with Seokjin, he'd been dressed in head to toe with a more sinister outfit of business: a black turtle neck, a pair of ripped jeans and dangerously sharp leather boots, making him appear even more intimidating than before.

I gulped as he brought a single finger under my chin, tilting it upwards.

"I'll ask you one more time, what were you doing in my room Seoyeon?" his dark gaze penetrated through mine as he demonically whispered the question against my ear.
I nervously bit my bottom lip, darting my eyes away from him and his fearsome aura.

"What do you mean? I went to put the book away..."

It wasn't a complete lie, I really did go to put the book away- I just got distracted.

He cocked his head to the side, his tongue pressed up against his left cheek- the usual sign for when he was pissed.
But his eyes had transformed into bottomless ebony holes, meaning that he wasn't just pissed... he was furious.

"Cut the BS and tell me the truth!" he bitterly uttered, his hand clasped tightly around the other.

"I really did go there to put the book away, I promise!" I said, genuinely being honest.
He grasped my collar, dragging me closer to him so that I was able to notice the explicit anger penetrating his face.

"Your promises mean nothing to me." he spoke through gritted teeth, still tightly grabbing onto me. "It's nowhere to be found Seoyeon. I've looked everywhere for the book as per your words and it's still nowhere to be found, so either you're lying or I've gone completely hysterical,"

My breath hitched as his eyes drifted upwards and onto the bed. As if he had x-ray vision, he tore off the quilt, glaring as the book dropped neatly upon the carpet in front of us.

He knelt down, tightly clutching at it. I saw as he flickered through it, his expression growing more and more sombre as he'd noticed the smudged pages of ink.

"I'm sorry," I murmured, watching guiltily at his disheartened face. "I tried to save it from too much damage, but I don't think I reached it in time..."

He exhaled a little, his clenched fists unravelling and relaxing, and turned around to look at me.

"Thank you," his once ravenous glare had transformed into a small smile of gratitude. My lips slightly parted at this sudden change in emotion but even so I managed a nod.