30

He breathed heavily, his voice exasperated yet full of fear.
Me and Yoongi both stared at him as the life rushed back into his body.
But he was trembling, like something inside of him was causing him to shiver endlessly with fear.

"I saw them sh-sh-shoot him right in the left of his ch-ch-"

"Jungkook, he's fine. I promise." Yoongi bit his bottom lip as he examined the anxious state of the younger. The younger didn't look convinced, wincing a little as he tried to clamber out of bed.

"I know you want to find out things right now, I do aswell, but please stay put okay?" I grabbed his hand and gently tugged at it. His tongue darted out and he quickly licked his lips as he tried to calm himself.

"I just... I need to know he's okay," his hands continued to shake in mine. I looked at him, he looked so helpless- so fragile and terrorised. I sadly smiled at him, nodding.
"He will be, Hoseok is busy healing him. Now rest up okay?" I comfortingly squeezed his sweaty palms trying to ease his tension.

It warmed my heart as to how much he'd cared for his friends- how Jimin was his main priority rather than his own safety and wellbeing.

"Do you have any pain killers? He's most definitely bound to be going through something agonising right now," I turned to Yoongi.

"Well duh! We get shot nearly every other day why wouldn't we?" He scoffed at my question.
"Could you go bring them?" I asked and once again he ran out of the room, panting like an exhausted dog.

I began to tap my fingers against the bedside drawer anxiously as I waited for his return, only to be interrupted by a soft hand clutching at mine.

"Everything's going to be fine right? Like hyung said?" Jungkook hummed thoughtfully, his breathing slightly getting better and returning to normal.
I weakly smiled up at him, nodding.

"I hope so,"

He bit his bottom lip, blinking slowly as he began to calm back down into reality.

"They all came so fast," he spoke, his eyes staring motionlessly ahead at the wallpaper. "I- I didn't even have time to... to...to save them,"

I watched in agony as the boy began to break down, his eyes reddening as tears streamed down his face like mini rivers.

He was blaming himself for what had happened... when really it was my fault.

"Hey don't cry, its not your fault Jungkook," I crouched down, wiping away a few of his tears. "You can't blame yourself for something you didn't have control over in the first place,"

He sniffled a little, shaking his head.

"I did have control though! I could've done something Seoyeon!! Instead I just lay down on the ground to rot like a coward..." he hung his head low and brought his hands up to his face to muffle his sob- to hide his guilt. I heavily sighed, patting him on the back comfortingly.

"If anything, you were the most heroic. Look at you, covered head to toe in blood, yet still you care so much about the others around you regardless of yourself," I smiled up at him, watching a small smile tinge at his lips.
He rubbed his sleeve over his eyes and took a big breath.

"I love them so much," he murmured. "If I lost them... I'd be nothing,"

I looked up at him thoughtfully, smoothening his now messy ebony curls.

"And if they lost you, they'd be nothing aswell," I said. "So that's why its important you rest up, so you can get better and stronger for them,"

A petite smile was seen upon his face as he nodded, easing away some of his tension. Although the youngest, he felt so responsibly for his elder members as if they meant the world to him. It made sense since they were the only relations he'd had... they were his family.

Yoongi burst through the door, a small rectangular box held tightly in his hands. I smiled up at him, taking it from him and popping one out to give to Jungkook.

Obediently, he swallowed it and closed his eyes, falling into a deep slumber. I nodded at Yoongi as a sign that he was finally asleep and resting well, and he smiled.

I noticed a small crimson patch laying high above the back of his neck, peering closely as he winced in pain when he reached out to scratch it.

"Let me clean the wound," I offered, reaching out to dip the cloth back into the icy water. Yoongi shuffled awkwardly, shaking his head.

"No, no, it's fine really I'm oka-AHHHHH!!" he screeched as I pressed the drenched material tightly around his wounded neck. I chuckled at his reaction, rubbing it round in circular motions to cleanse all the surrounding blood.

"Thank you," he murmured shyly as I patted at the open wound with some alcohol rub.

"It's the least I could do," I sadly sighed, remembering that this big incident was my own fault for pestering Namjoon to take me out the house.

As I finally finished drying Yoongi's wound and bandaging it up, I quickly went to the kitchen to wash my hands whilst he went to check up on Hoseok down in the make-shift hospital basement.

The comforting warmness of the water smoothened my hands as I began to thoroughly cleanse them, peering out of the window that lay overhead the sink.

I bit my lips nervously as I saw a familiar lean figure resting upon the low brick wall surrounding the driveway, his back turned to the house and his body facing towards the darkened moon lit sky up above.

Taking a deep breath, I dried my hands against the matted tea towel and decided to go face him...