20

"What do you mean?" I exclaimed, my heart pounding excitedly. "I can actually get away scott- free?!"

"Alright, calm down I'm not certain yet!" he scoffed at my sudden elated attitude. "They'll be coming over to deliver what we agreed on in a week... and it won't be your brother or your father, it'll be a couple of their men. So perhaps we could shoot them off, take what's ours and then be on our way?" he muttered aloud to himself. "And, I could drop you to the airport a day before?"

My lips curved upwards into a small smile at his plan and I nodded.

"Yeah, that works."

He tssked at me.

"So why am I making this sacrifice for you, huh? What are you going to do in return?" he raised an eyebrow. I clenched my fists at his comment.

"RETURN?!! I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING TO YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE, THIS SHOULD BE YOUR APOLOGY FOR PUTTING ME THROUGH SO MUCH BULL CRAP FOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS!" I raged at him, and to my surprise, he actually looked pretty taken aback by my sudden outburst.

"Okay fine, but may I remind you that you still burnt our van!" he glared at me, his hands impatiently tapping against the steering wheel. I nervously gulped, the memories of that night flooding back in.

"What do you want?" I muttered in annoyance and he bitterly chuckled.

"For the next week, you're gonna be our own personal maid. No ifs no buts, if any seven of us need something, you do it." his lips twisted up into a despicable smirk.

"Maid, more like slave," I mumbled.

"If you don't wanna do it, then I guess I'll just have to hand you back to your daddy and-"

"No, I'll do it!" I exclaimed. He laughed as his threatening attempts to make me his very own personal foot-stool had worked.

"Great," he smiled, clutching at the handgear and began to start up the car again. We both sat in silence as he drove back to the house, a small smile forming across my lips as the potentiality of freedom danced within my mind.

Finally, I could be my own person, I could start living my own life!

"You seem awfully happy about being under our command for the next few days," he chuckled, peering at my expression from the corner of his eye.

"If it means that I can get my freedom, I honestly wouldn't mind doing it for a whole year!" I giggled, jokingly.

"Don't speak too soon," he smirked, winking. I rolled my eyes, scoffing at him. But a small smile formed upon my lips... a small smile of gratitude towards him.

The first time my reason being to smile was actually because of him.

The fact that he was willing to sacrifice a lot for this opportunity had conjured up a deep and warm feeling inside of me- it almost felt surreal.

"Okay now get out," he said bluntly, raising an eyebrow up at me.
Shooting straight out of my daze, my eyes widened as I'd realised we were back in the driveway.

"Oh-" my mouth hung low.
Was I just smiling at him this whole time??

"Yes, yes you were," he smirked, as if he had some secret inner telekinesis power. I felt as my cheeks flushed, embarrassed by my stupid actions.

"Go straight up, the door should unlock. I need to sort out a few things," he said, clambering back into the car.

"Huh? But I thought you said you needed to get home quickly?" I asked, confusedly.

"Yeah, to drop you back. Trust me, you don't wanna go where I'm going," he bitterly chuckled, his eyes serious and black. I gulped, nodding, and turned away to make my way inside.

"Goodnight!" he shouted at me from his car window, quietly reversing and once again leaving through the front gates.

"Night," I  murmured quietly, watching him drive into the distance.

The house was dimly lit as if most of the members had gone to bed already. Tiptoeing quickly up the stairs, I made my way to my own room and laid down happily on top of my severely  uncomfortable bed.

But I didn't care.

Freedom was so close to me, I could taste it already!