45

I froze at his comment.

"WHAT?!?" I exclaimed, my whole body stiffening. He chuckled, shaking his head as he saw my cheeks tinge a slight rose.

"I'm kidding!" he laughed at my bewildered and flustered expression. "Although by the looks of it, I'm sure you would've rathered I wasn't,"

I cleared my throat, scoffing at his words.

"Well that's all I came to tell you... but keep it a secret. He hasn't had a proper birthday in so long," he sighed, draping his hands across the frosty window sill.

I nodded, pulling my fingers over my mouth to symbolise a zip. He chuckled, patting my head and turned to leave.

"Goodnight Seoyeon," he smiled before shutting the door behind him.

I stared out of the window once more, eyeing the garden whilst picturing am ecstatic Bangtan, all busy chattering  and munching away at sandwiches.

Jimin and Hoseok would be laying horizontally across the red and white checkered blanket, their bodies swinging up and down as they'd begin to hysterically laugh those sweet contagious laughs the ypossessed at something Seokjin had articulately joked about. Taehyung and Jungkook would be playfully teasing a passed- out Yoongi, who'd be enjoying his mid afternoon nap in the warm and blissful twilight sky.

And Namjoon; Namjoon would be lying flat onto his torso, carefully stroking the delicate seraphia pages of a detailed novel as he'd intake every single word and conjure them up in his mind to picture the beautiful story he was absorbed in.

Although we'd never seen eye to eye, this was an opportunity for me to repay Namjoon for his acts of kindness towards me over the past few months. Heck, this was an opportunity for me to repay Bangtan for all they've done for me ever since I'd met them.

From frightfully kidnapping me to lovingly treating me like their own family, they really did deserve a nice gift to raise their spirits.
And I'd be the giver of that.

**
I woke up at the crack of dawn and as soon as the golden embers of sunlight pierced through my curtains, I bolted upwards and ran down to the kitchen. I poured myself a quick cup of coffee and peered at a cookery book I'd found close upon one of the shelves. What to make first?

The birthday cake? The sandwiches? The lemonade?

There was so much to do...

Suddenly, the kitchen lights flickered on and I saw as a sleepy figure walked into the room, batting his heavy eyelids. He was dressed in grey sweatpants, a baggy white tee and slides that seemed to be too small for his feet, all tied together with his messy peach hair.

It was the birthday boy himself.

I froze as he noticed me, his weary eyes widening in shock.

"What are you doing up at this time?" his insanely deep raspy morning voice mumbled. I gulped, biting my lower lip nervously.

"Uh... I was hungry?" I scratched the back of my neck as his gaze intensified. He heavily sighed, letting out a yawn as he reached past me to grab a coffee cup.

I looked at him sadly.
It was his own birthday, yet all I could see within him was an unbothered and miserable man who just wanted to drink his coffee and question his existence.

Just like Taehyung had instructed earlier, I kept my mouth shut... hoping that later I could make it up to him with this picnic I was planning to prepare.

"What are you doing up so early?" I curiously asked as he poured the roasted coffee from the pot into his mug.

"Couldn't sleep," he moistened his lips with his tongue, taking a big sip. He sat upon the counter, dangling his legs over the ledge as he peered over my shoulder, noticing the cookery book.

"You're going to make a souffle for your breakfast?" he raised an eyebrow as he peaked at it, resting a hand against the table-top.

"I don't think I'm at that baking level yet," I smiled, shaking my head. He chuckled, stroking the warm cup in his hands.

"What are you gonna make then?" he peered at me curiously. I gulped, trying to think of a random breakfast item.

"Uhhh... toast?" I suddenly blurted out. He began to laugh, running a hand through his uncombed pretty peachy- blonde locks.

"You need a whole cookery book for toast? You really do surprise me Seoyeon," he chuckled, patting my head as he hopped off of the counter to place his empty mug into the sink.

I watched as he let out one last yawn before leaving the room, letting out a sigh of relief as I heard his heavy footsteps clambering back up the stairs.

Now to get back to business.

I started off with the cake, carefully paying attention to all the measurements and techniques needed. To my surprise, it wasn't as bad as I'd thought... just a little messy as I'd noticed half the quantity of flour had splurged onto my cheeks!

After a busy half hour of whisking, I placed the mixture into a tin, making sure to spread it out evenly. Carefully, I placed it into the oven using the same fluffy pink oven gloves Jungkook had been wearing yesterday, setting a timer for 40 minutes.

In the meantime I busily began to wash up the leftover dirty dishes, scoffing as I saw that conniving Namjoon had just let his mug in there for me to wash up. Well there we go, that can be part of his birthday present.

I began on all the other food items, carefully following the instructions of the cookbook and trying my best to conjure each one up as good as the picture.
By the time I'd finished, it had already turned 12:30, and as if by magic, each one of the members started piling into the kitchen. Well all except Namjoon, who'd probably managed to go back to sleep.

They all looked ravenous and hungry, eyeing my baked creations on the side.

"Is... Is that a cake I see or am I still dreaming?" Jungkook licked his lips as he saw the golden sponge resting innocently upon the counter-top. I smiled, nodding.

"And are those strawberries and whipped cream??" Hoseok gasped, rubbing his eyes in disbelief.

"OH MY GOD ARE THOSE CROUTONS??!" Taehyung exclaimed excitedly. Everyone raised an eyebrow at his sudden outburst of excitement.

"What, I just really like croutons okay?" he scoffed, pursing his lips at their weirded out reactions.

"They're for later," I beamed, watching as they all looked up at me in confusion.

"Later? What's later?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow, trying his best to contain his yawn.

"It doesn't have to be later, I'll happily eat them now!" Seokjin's eyes excitedly lit up as he saw the sandwich platter I'd put together. I chuckled at him, shaking my head.

"Nope, you'll have to wait." I said, watching as he pouted sadly.

"Wait for what though?" Jimin whined impatiently. I grinned at him, poking his forehead.

"For our picnic!"