46

"For real?!" the dark embers in Jungkook's eyes lit up at my words. I smiled, nodding.

"This doesn't have anything to do with Namjoon's birthday does it?" Seokjin raised an eyebrow, a devilish smirk forming upon his lips.

"Not everything I do has to be about freaking Namjoon, okay!" I scoffed, trying to play it off. Taehyung snorted, eyeing me closely as he tried to contain his laughter. I glared hard at him, watching in satisfaction as the smirk dropped off of his face.

"Well, as long as we get to eat food, I don't really care about the reason," Yoongi smiled widely. I chuckled at his comment, realising that he really was a whole mood.

"I'll call you when everything's set up. In the meantime, get some rest," I said and they all shook their heads, grinning. I raised an eyebrow at their disapproval of my words.

"We can help you to prepare everything Seoyeon," Hoseok beamed at me.
"Yeah, I didn't build these biceps up for nothing," Jimin winked and everyone groaned at him, disappointedly.

"What? Jealousy is a disease," he shrugged, kissing it. I rolled my eyes at him, turning my attention to an eager Jungkook.

"Just tell us what we need to do and we got you covered," Jungkook smiled and I grinned, nodding gratefully at all of them.

"Great, I'll tell you all what tasks need to be done and we can get straight to them. Lets get to work!"

***

Namjoon rubbed his eyes slowly as he finally saw a thin strand of midday sun brush in past his half-concealed window.

He'd barely gotten any sleep last night, dreading this day just as he'd done for the past 4 years.

It had never been the same since that day, and every birthday after had felt so empty after he'd been forced to leave as an outcast to his biological family; his life felt so isolated and lonely despite his 6 other companions.

They'd known he'd often felt so disheartened on his birthday, and longed to make it up to him despite their busy lives.

Stretching his shoulders high as he ran a single hand through his now sweaty and matted hair, he made his way to the bathroom to freshen up for the depressing day that he once used to spend half the year looking forward to.

How times had changed- how he had changed.

Swiftly jogging down the stairs, he made his way to the kitchen, gazing curiously as he realised nobody to be in there.
He pursed his lips, tapping a single finger against his chin in wonder.

Where did they all disappear to?
Did something urgent come up? And if so, why didn't they confront him about it before leaving?

He let out a deep sigh, clutching at the fridge handle to grab himself a glass of soda. He grimaced as he saw that the soda bottle was not where he'd last left it... it was missing!
He could've sworn he bought some the other day.

Suddenly, he heard light footsteps tread across the marble floor, approaching him slowly. He turned his head upwards, meeting the figure's gaze.

"Seoyeon!" he exclaimed, satisfied with her presence. She smiled brightly up at him, waving.

"Have you seen any of the others? I can't seem to find them," he sighed, rubbing his temple in confusion.  She nodded, inciting his curiosity even further.

"Follow me," she said, holding out a hand to him.

He raised an eyebrow, grasping at it hesitantly. She began to lead him through the many corridors of the house, each one winding and twisting into a new memory. Clutching her hand tightly, he noticed as she lead him out to the garden; the humble abode of his past.

Breathless, he peered at the view in front of him, an overwhelming feeling of deja vu arising within him.

A single picnic blanket, coloured red and white, filled with all sorts of tasty delicacies and beverages that had been carefully placed upon it. The seven members gazing up at him, each and everyone of them bearing a sweet, supportive smile that they shone brightly as they saw him. Bright fairy lights that didn't even seem dazed by the overhead sun surrounded them, adding beautifully to the cosy atmosphere.

And to his left he met the owner of the soft hand he was firmly gripping in his palm, beads of sweat dripping down his forehead as he realised the familiarity of the situation.

But as she began to smile up at him, he felt a sense of assurance, a feeling of comfort radiating from within her towards him. She gently shook his hand, taking his other one in her palm so that she was directly facing him. Her smile not once fading the slightest as she bent down to whisper into his ear:

"Happy birthday Joon,"