34

"Get off me you psycho!" I kicked him, trying to push him off of me. He scoffed as my weak efforts ran in vain and slowly backed away by his own means.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I screamed at him.
He quickly placed a hand over my mouth, signalling for me to be more quieter.

I noticed as he wavered a bandage in his left hand that was tinged a slight red.

"I came to change your dressing." He whispered, his fingers nimbly pressing against my bare skin once more.

I kicked him away with my foot, sending him back far enough so that I could get up and run.

He grabbed my hand, pulling me slowly towards him. I shuddered, remembering the aggressive actions he'd pulled on me last time.

As if he'd noticed my fearful expression, he immediately dropped his hands to his side.

"I'm so sorry," his voice muffled as he buried his head against my shoulder.

I stared at him, disgusted.

Until suddenly, I felt my sweater growing damp and moist... wait, was he crying???

"I-I didn't mean to hurt you... I didn't realise you were bleeding!" he sobbed, clutching my shoulders tighter as I felt his nails dig deep into my skin. I pulled away from him, watching as his face dropped to his hands.

I'd never even imagined him to cry... and to see him actually crying was shocking.

"I didn't mean to get so angry I just... something inside of me snapped and- and I couldn't control my emotions," he sobbed helplessly, genuinely feeling remorseful for his actions.

I bit my bottom lip as I'd remembered Yoongi's words from earlier:

'We're his only family, his only company. He'd sacrifice his own blood for us , heck he'd even kill for us. And we'd do the same for him... .'

I'd insulted him.
I'd insulted the way he treats his family- the one thing that meant the most to him.

Even though he shouldn't of been as forceful as he was, I understood him.

"I'm really sorry." I said, watching as he began to rise his teary-eyed face to look at me. "I get why you did what you did... I provoked you."

He looked up at me, confused.
His tears had left a small trail down his cheeks, making his face glisten against the moonlight. I placed my thumb against it and gently wiped them away, sadly sighing.

"I had no right to insult your leadership, you work so hard to keep your family safe... I guess I was just angry that it was you who thought about kidnapping me and getting me involved," I murmured, watching as his eyes began to soften.

"I'm really sorry for putting you through all this... but I promise you, soon I'll grant you what you rightfully deserve," he whispered, wrapping his arms around my shoulder. I winced a little as he added extra pressure to my back and he quickly backed away, pressing the would with a dampened towel to ease the pain.

"I'm so sorry," he repeated for the millionth time, biting his bottom lip as the feelings of guilt swept across him once more.

I shook my head, weakly smiling.

"I-I'm fine, I promise," I said through gritted teeth. He scoffed at me, carefully wrapping the bandage tightly around my back.

"You're clearly not," he sighed, smoothening it down with his soft fingers. "And its all my fault..."

I frowned at him, flicking my finger up at his forehead.

"Quit playing the blame game, it's not going to solve anything! You've acknowledged your mistake and I've acknowledged mine so lets move on and avoid doing it again," I said, noticing his facial expression ease.

"I promise you, I'll never let my emotions get the better of me again," he uttered and I nodded, satisfied with his response.

"Great. Now let me sleep," I said, clutching the duvet up from underneath him.

"I pour all my emotions out to you just for you to sleep on them?" He scoffed, seemingly offended. I smiled, nodding.

"Aren't you exhausted too? After such a long day?" I asked, barely being able to keep my eyes open. He licked his lips, rubbing a finger along his chin.

"I am, but I couldn't sleep knowing that you still hadn't gotten an apology," he bit his lip, his eyes gazing into the distance of the darkened living room window.

Maybe he wasn't as arrogant as I'd thought of him to be.

"Thank you," I looked up at him, smiling at his words. He nodded, slowly heaving himself off of the couch to leave.

"Namjoon?" I turned to call out to him. He stopped, tilting his head curiously at me.

"Goodnight," I smiled up at him. His solemn expression turned into a pleasant and warm grin as he looked at me.

"Goodnight to you too, Seoyeon," he wavered his hand slightly, smiling as he turned to leave.