59

My heart sunk as I watched his lips part in shock, although the fearful expression in his eyes told me that he'd already guessed.

Jungkook looked up at me, as if he was asking whether he should leave for a moment. I nodded and he slowly backed out of the room, leaving us two by ourselves.

"You're... leaving?" Namjoon tried to comprehend my words, his breath hitching for a second as he tried to repeat them to me.

I said nothing, staring at the floor sombrely. He squeezed my hand tighter, looking up at me as I refused to gaze back.

He brought a finger under my chin, rotating it so that I was forced to look him in the eyes.

"I'm leaving. My flight's in a couple of hours," I painfully watched as tears glossed over his eyes, the glasses on his face making them glimmer even more.

"I can't stay with you Joon, you know I can't. Watching you hurt yourself, watching you bleed out as you tirelessly carry your members even though it kills you inside, yet you still try your best to provide and take care of them... you don't need another hassle on your shoulders," I sadly smiled, brushing a curl of soft peach hair away from his face that glossed over with a cold sweat.

"I know," was all he could utter, his eyes staring directly ahead of him, as if he was consumed in thought. I watched him, not quite knowing what else to say.

"Atleast it'll be a little quieter around here," he attempted a joke to lighten the mood , but even so I could see the pain underlying his eyes.

I reached out to hold his beaten and bruised hand that had been wrapped thoroughly in pearly white bandages.

He pulled them away from me, my heart shattering as I watched the expression on his face change.

"I think you should get going then. Jungkook's waiting." he monotonously said, his eyes still refusing to meet with mine.
Blinking back tears, I nodded.

It was clear he wanted us to end on bad terms so that it wouldn't hurt less for me to forget him.

But for some reason it was hurting me more.

"I'll miss you," I murmured under my breath, my eyes prickling as I realised that this was truly the last time I'd ever see him.

"Please, don't." he turned to face me, his gleaming eyes beginning to darken.
His words made me feel numb inside.
I took a deep breath, trying to push the tears that were on the verge of falling right to the back of my eyes.

I couldn't show him my weakness, I needed to show him that I was okay.

Even without him by my side.

"I won't then," I murmured emotionlessly, my lip quivering slightly. He didn't say anything, his eyes glued to the wall whilst his hands folded neatly across his lap.

"Seoyeon we should-" the door opened again to reveal Jungkook, and this time I got up, walking towards him.

"I think we should too," I smiled, trying my best to hide the pain in my voice. He stared up at me sadly, patting my shoulder affectionately.
"Hyung? Should we wait a little or-"

"Go. Now. We've wasted enough time already," Namjoon uttered, his voice cold and bitter.

I stared at him blankly, the connotations of his words slitting deep cuts within me. Jungkook stared, his lips parting in shock.

"Oh...okay," Jungkook hesitantly gulped, recognising the same infuriated gaze within his leader's eyes that he had not seen in a while. He placed a hand on my shoulder, leading me out of the room and tightly shut the door behind us.