39

I quickly slammed the door and clambered onto the bed, pulling the photograph out of my pocket so I could take a closer look at it.

The background... I'd seen it before, near to where my fathers place of business was. It was the nearby park, and from this picture it looked like it was taken in spring. I squinted closely as I noticed a minuscule imprint of the date taken upon it.

It was dated 5 years ago... a year before she'd been forced to leave abroad. I grimaced even harder when I'd realised that if Seolhyeon hadn't left this guy could've literally been my brother-in-law!

I shuddered at the thought, smacking myself in the face with a pillow.

A faint knocking was heard upon my door and I panicked, shoving the photograph under my covers.

I glanced through the keyhole, scoffing as I saw Namjoon standing against the door.

I hesitantly opened it, folding my arms as I saw him scratching at his head nervously.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I figured you might need this," he bit his bottom lip, handing me a plastic bag. I suspiciously eyed him, and took it from his grasp.

I peeked into it, my eyes widening as I'd realised what it was.
A couple of boxes of painkillers and... A FAT STACK OF SANITARY TOWELS!!

My jaw dropped and I saw his cheeks redden, an awkward smile placed upon his face.

"Uh-"

"I figured since you were acting angry all of a sudden, that you, er, must be on it. Sorry for getting up in your space," he awkwardly shuffled, hesitantly peering up at me. "Also I didn't know your size so I just assumed-"

"EXTRA LARGE???" I exclaimed at him... the audacity of this man!

He nervously chuckled, rubbing his neck.

"My bad, you wanted extra extra large didn't you?"

I clenched my fists as he smirked, leaning casually against my door.

"Thank you," I beamed, appreciating his actions. His eyes widened a little and he stumbled a little as he lost balance.

"One minute you look like you're about to kill me and then the next you're thanking me?" he scoffed and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, just like you. One minute you're treating me like you want nothing more to do with me and then the next you're actually concerned about my well-being?!" I gazed at him with an eyebrow raised. He rubbed the back of his neck, scratching it slightly.

"Look, maybe I shouldn't have been that harsh with my words, but it's true. I'm just doing the bare minimum out of respect for you Seoyeon. I know it's not much, it's just because I've heard how painful these things are said to be so... I just thought-"

"Thank you," I said once more, touched by his sudden caring mannerism. "It's very thoughtful of you,"

He smiled, nodding.

"Yeah, it was wasn't it," he beamed at himself and I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Egotistic dick," I stuck my tongue out at him and he glared at me, unimpressed by my compliment. I smiled at him one last time, a sign of gratitude, and began to close the door.

He stuck his leg in front of it, smirking as he began to wander into my room. My eyes widened with fear as I saw him moving around, getting dangerously closely to the side of the bed where I'd buried the photo.

"What do you think you're doing?" I scowled as he continued to inspect the room, having no intentions of leaving. He chuckled, sitting down onto the end of the bed. My heart froze as I saw the quilt ruffle, and the edge of the photo sticking out from the side.

He ignored me, busily peering out of the window that overlooked a barren overgrown garden. I did the same, looking up at him curiously as the scenery completely emerged him, even though it was literally just covered in a bunch of overgrown weeds coated in bird piss.

"Yoongi will be back soon, tell him if you need anything," he merely uttered, quickly brushing past me as he exited the room.

Man, was this guy weird.