43

How did he have my book??

And most importantly, why did he have it?

I didn't even know Namjoon existed a couple of months ago, and yet he'd managed to borrow a book I hadn't touched since I was 15...

Suddenly, the door creakily opened and my heart refrained from beating for a second as I saw who it was.

"What are you doing?"

I froze, recognising the deep and dark tone within his voice. I quickly slipped the tattered book up my sleeve, hiding it. Hesitantly, I met his gaze.

"Uh, well, I noticed that your room was messy and-"

Namjoon slowly strode towards me, crouching down so that he was at eye-level with me. I shuddered at his sharp intimidating stare. He brought a single finger to my face, gently caressing my cheek.

"I was looking for you," he smiled, his dimples deepening. I looked up at him, a breath of relief escaping through my lips.

"Oh, you were?" I merely whispered, still in shock from the situation I'd just about scraped through. He nodded, his eyes still glued to my face.

"Come on, the stir fry's getting cold," he said, extending his arm to help me up.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," I suddenly remembered and he chuckled, following me as I hungrily ran down the stairs.

"AHHHH LOOK WHO IT IS!" Hoseok cheerfully chirruped as I wandered into the kitchen. "It was me who suggested sending prince charming up to go look for you," he whispered with a wink. I glared at him as I scooped up a massive serving.

"Hey save some for the rest of us!" Jungkook yelped, pouting disappointedly at the remaining scraps of beef left in the pot.

"You snooze you lose!" I smirked, grabbing a fork.

"I must say, I am impressed," Seokjin grinned, picking up a spoonful from his plate. "And you said you didn't know how to cook,"

I chuckled, beaming proudly at his compliment.

"It wasn't just me though, I also got help from these guys too," I smiled up at my three chaotic helpers. They smiled, nodding.

"Yeah, without us we would've all probably had some severe salmonella right now," Jimin joked, winking at me.

"Please, you didn't even know how to cook it in the first place!" I blew him a raspberry and he dramatically fell back against his chair like my saliva was some sort of acid. I chuckled, smiling as they all began to talk amongst themselves, discussing the day everyone had had.

A feeling of remorse lay within me as I'd realised that these precious moments with them weren't going to last for much longer.

Namjoon wavered his hand across from me, raising an eyebrow at my saddened expression. I shook my head, smiling to reassure him that nothing was wrong.

But within this point in time... everything was wrong and nothing was as it seemed.

"Ah that reminds me! Your little fan-girl Seoyeon went out into the pouring rain to get that book you left before you went," Yoongi smiled at me, my name being the main centre of the conversation all of a sudden. I watched as Namjoon's posture tensed a little, looking a bit uneasy.

"Oh, really?" I saw him flash a slightly uncomfortable smile up at me.

"The poor girl even put it back in your room for you!" Hoseok grinned. I watched as Seokjin bit his bottom lip, twitching ever so slightly.

"So that's why you were in my room then hm?" he whispered menacingly, discovering that I'd lied to him.
I gulped, nodding nervously.

"I didn't want it to get ruined so I went out to grab it for you," I explained, watching as his expression softened slightly.

"See, she's so adorable hyung!" Taehyung beamed, patting my head. Namjoon wasn't listening, but instead was deeply absorbed in thoughts.

Did he see me flicking through it... or was he wondering if I'd discovered who the book actually belonged to?

"Alright, now here's a question for you all that I'd like an answer to," Yoongi rose up, glaring at us sternly. We all looked up at him, slightly terrified by the mans sudden merciless gaze.

"Who's washing this mess up?!"