The Accident

Sokka's POV

It's hard to believe that our lives at school will be over soon, we have prom coming up and then that's it for us, the end of an era, this really was a rollercoaster of emotions. The past year was filled with sadness, anger, hatred and confusion a lot of confusion. Though amongst all that there was life, I'm a nephew now, and a pretty damn good one if you ask me. There's happy moments, we've all had a lot of fun together, and I'm looking forward to having more fun, especially at this prom.

"How weird is it to think after next week we aren't going to walk down these halls ever again?", I said whilst stood by Katara at the lockers with my hands behind my head looking down the hall. "Don't say that", Katara frowned as she opened her locker, "what? It's true, soon we'll be gone, out of here, flying the nest. I hate the classes but, we've had some good times here, and met good people", I smiled. "We won't forget them either", Katara put her books inside then closed it.

"Do you think our relationship will change?", I rubbed the back of my neck, "pretty sure we'll stay brother and sister Sokka, we can't exactly change that", Katara smirked leaning against the lockers with me, "no like, will we stay this close?", I looked down. "Why wouldn't we?", Katara questioned, here goes nothing I suppose. "I'm moving in with Zuko", I kept my eyes down so I couldn't see her reaction. "What?? Sokka-".

"Katara! Sokka!", Yue pushed past people in the hall excusing herself and apologising multiple times, good timing Yue. "You're in a hurry, everything okay?", I tilted my head and let her hold onto me as she caught her breath, "it's Aang, something happened in the gym", she panted. Katara looked at her then at me worriedly, "thank you Yue, let's get going", she began to walk quickly back down the hall, I walked slightly slower with Yue, as she was tired out from running.

Once we made it to the gym there was a crowd of students circled around a spot in the room, Katara ran over and the students recognised her, moving out the way, Aang was lead down on the ground unconscious. "Aang!?", Katara fell to her knees beside him and held him in her arms, "what happened!?", she looked around at the students who were watching. They looked back at her blankly, "we don't know, none of us saw what happened, we turned around and he was on the floor", Jet spoke from the group as he moved forward into view.

"You, you did this didn't you!", Katara got to her feet yelling at Jet, she was furious with him, about time. "I'm telling you I don't know what happened", Jet backed off as she stepped closer, "don't lie to me!", she frowned grabbing him by his shirt collar ready to punch him. "Ka...Katar...a...", Aang spoke weakly but his eyes remained closed. "Aang", she looked back at him lowering her fist and letting go of Jet.

"Alright that's enough, everyone move out of the way what's going on here? huh?", Azula walked in and looked down at Aang, "leave all of you", she glared at the other students and they walked out without a word. "Katara, I promise you I didn't do this", Jet begged, "did you not hear what I just said dirt bag? Leave", Azula pointed at the door, Jet walked to the door. "Jet", Katara looked over at him just before he left, "I've got my eye on you", she frowned then watched him go. "Thanks for that Azula", I smiled at her, she can really control a room.

"No problem, they smelt so badly of sweat I couldn't stand them staying in here a second longer", she fake gagged then walked over to stand by Katara, of course she isn't just being nice, "he okay?", she looked down at him crossing her arms. "He's breathing, mumbling, no sign of bleeding, I'm not sure, Sokka can you help me take him to the school nurse?", Katara asked, she looked scared, I nodded with a smile and picked Aang up. "Update us if anything happens", Yue smiled, "of course", I smiled back at her then at Azula and walked out.

Katara's POV

My poor boy, he looks so weak and pale, I promise you I will find who did this, nobody hurts people I love and gets away with it. I sat beside a bed that Aang was lying in at the nurse's room, I held his hand and kept my eyes on him at all times, I'm not letting him out of my sight, please be okay Aang. "Hey, just had a word with the nurse, he isn't much help, just says that he has a bruising on one arm and on the back of his head, he doesn't know when he'll wake up", Sokka walked in and stood beside me putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Find out who did this to him, I need to stay by his side in case he wakes up, but Sokka I need to know who was responsible for this", I frowned, "I don't know if that's the best thing to do right now", He spoke nervously. "Sokka I'm begging you, please?", "alright, I'll ask around, see who saw him throughout the day, don't get too wound up about this, it could just be an accident", he began to walk back out. I didn't respond and heard the door close as he left.

"I'm so sorry", I leant over him and kissed his head, cupping both of his cheeks, I turned to look at his other arm seeing how badly bruised it is, it looks broken, I leant over him more to get a closer look. "Ahh!", I jumped as he sat up holding onto his shoulders. "W-Woah, easy Katara, where am I?", Aang looked around tiredly, "you fell unconscious, you don't remember what happened do you?", I asked helping him lay down again.

"Uhh, no but I'm in a lot of pain, my arm is killing me", Aang frowned groaning slightly, "I think you've broken-", I looked back at his arm, "I broke my arm!? What!?", Aang sat up again. "Babe calm down, you need to rest", I cupped his cheek and looked him in the eyes, "you aren't going to go anywhere are you?", Aang pouted lying back down again keeping his eyes on mine. "I'm not moving from this spot", I reassured him with a soft smile, "good, I really don't want to be without you right now", tears began to roll down his cheeks, I brushed some away with my thumb gently.

"Hey, I'm here, I'm always going to be by your side".

When Sokka finds whoever has done this, they're going to regret the day they were born.