Labour

Aang's POV

"Aang, Aang? Are you feeling alright?", I heard someone talk to me, I opened my eyes to see a man standing over me, he looked like a doctor, I looked around and realised I was in a hospital, of course, the baby, I sat up and held my head. "K-Katara, where is she?", I hope she's okay. "She's in another room", Sokka walked in and crossed his arms, he looked sad, "what's going on? Is the baby here?", I stood up but felt the doctor sit me back down. "I'm sorry but we have some bad news", he spoke softly. "Bad news?", I looked back at Sokka seeing him stare at the floor. "It's the child, I'm afraid to say that it didn't make it, I'm so sorry for your loss", I heard him talk to me, my mind went blank, "w-what??", I struggled to speak. "I'm sorry", the doctor apologised again. "Sokka tell me it isn't true!", I felt tears well up in my eyes. "Aang", he just stared at me, with no expression. "Aang! Aang get up! Aang!!", he walked over and shook me.

I woke up on the kitchen floor with Sokka stood over me, "thank god, come on the ambulance just left, we need to get to the hospital", he helped me up and picked up a bag for Katara and we ran out together. thank god it was just a dream, I still have time to be there for her I stopped Sokka from running. "I can get to the hospital faster then you can, you need to tell the others the news, including your dad", I saw Sokka hesitate. "Hey, I love Katara, I'll take care of her I promise", I gave him a warm smile before continuing to run to the hospital, I ran on the road so I could find my way there using the signs, I rushed in and went straight to the reception. "Katara, a girl, my girl, pregnant, giving birth, my baby, coming now, where is she??", I panted as I spoke. The receptionist told me where I needed to go, I forgot and got lost a couple of times but found the right room.

"Where the hell have you been!?", Katara looked over at me whilst gripping onto the sides of the bed trying to stop herself from groaning. "It feels like I've been everywhere, what's happening?", I stood by her side and kissed her head. "Baby wants out, I want baby out, doctors aren't ready", she bit her lip and panted, "get this thing out of me!", she sat up and screamed at the nurse in the room. "You sound just like your mother when she had you", we both looked at Katara's father who stood in the door way with flowers in his hand. "Oh no, oh no no no I'm not dealing with you right now, get out", Katara groaned holding onto my hand. "Maybe catch you later Mr Katara's Father", I smiled and gave her hand and gentle squeeze. He nodded and walked out.

Sokka's POV

"So you can't get a hold of him?", Zuko walked with me into the hospital, "yep, I've got a hold of everyone but my father, to be honest Katara will be happy that he isn't here", I walked into the waiting room and saw my father sat down. "Sokka!", he stood up and wrapped his arms around me. "Dad?", I hugged him back, "I've been trying to call you, guess some already told you", I shrugged. "I tried to talk to her but she's too in pain to speak right now", he frowned, "I need to see her", I walked to her room, leaving Zuko and my father to talk. "Katara?", I walked in seeing her with Aang, "Sokka!", I smiled and walked over, "hows it going?", "terribly", she answered then pulled a face, "you stink!". She then raised a brow as she recognised the scent, "you smell of smoke, Sokka please don't tell me-", "alright I smoke, just a couple in the day", I shrugged. "You f*cking smoke!? You better start praying because as soon as I get this baby out I am going to tear you to pieces!", I heard her yell and rubbed the back of my neck. "I better be off, good luck with getting it out and all that", I laughed awkwardly and stepped out.

"I love that little tea shop", I heard my father and turned around to see him and Zuko talking, "Sokka, how is she?", Zuko noticed me and stood up. "She's in a lot of pain", I sighed. "Of course she is, she has you for a brother", Toph spoke behind me, she was stood with Suki, Ty Lee, Azula, Yue and Mai. "What're you all doing here?", I raised a brow with a smile on my face. "Here to support you obviously", Suki grinned and wrapped her arms around me, "you look stressed stinky sock", "I'm just worried", I replied. "We all are, but we're here for you and each other", Ty Lee sat down. "Do you know if she's close?", Mai asked passing over a cup of coffee, "no idea, thank you", I smiled taking it. "All we can do I wait I guess", My father spoke. "Uhh who's that guy?", Yue raised a brow looking him up and down. "That's my dad, dad these are my friends", I introduced them all, hours passed by that felt like days, still no news.

It was getting late, people were beginning to nap in the waiting room, but I couldn't sleep, that's my niece or nephew being born in there, my sister is in a world of pain, please be alright, I feel sick with worry, I can't help but think that something bad is going to happen. "Hey, don't do that", Zuko sat beside me, "don't do what?", I looked forward as I zoned out. "You're over thinking, stop it", he flicked my forehead to snap me out of it. "Ow!", I frowned at him, "sorry, it'll be okay you know, no news is good news, you're sister is tough, she's got this", "I know I know", I sighed and leaned against him, resting my head on his shoulder. "Zuko, about earlier, I need to-", "Katara's family?", A doctor spoke out to the waiting room. "There's a lot of you", they chuckled. "What's happening? Is everything okay?", I stood up, finally some news.

"Well I'm here to inform you all that..."