The celebration part 3

Katara's POV

I've stuck with Jet the whole night, he was fun at the start but now when I try to move away he doesn't get it and moves closer, I've noticed the monks have gone so Aang must be around here somewhere, I found him amongst the crowd and smiled as I saw him, "there's Aang", I stepped forward by Jet held onto my wrist pulling me back, "Jet? let me go", I looked up at him, he looked angry with me from trying to get away from him. "You're staying with me, I can treat you better", he pulled me in so I was in his arms, "I don't want this, let me go, please", I frowned back at him, I felt so uncomfortable, yet weak, he was stronger then me, if it came down to him wanting me, I wouldn't be able to fight back, the thought started to scare me.

"You guys okay?", Ty Lee thank god, "Katara can you come with me for a sec?", she held my hand and took me to the bar, "that looked rough, looks like Jet's into you, I could see how scared you were and I've been in that same position too many times, I had to pull you out, is that okay? Sorry if I overstepped and I've got it completely wrong", she seemed worried, I'm lucky Ty Lee got me out of that situation before it got any worse. "No you're right, thank you for getting me out of there, how's your night going?", I asked, "awful, Azula's gone missing so I guess she's gone home, she didn't seem to be enjoying herself anyway, Mai won't dance, Zuko and Sokka are too caught up in each other so, here I am, I'm not short of attention don't get me wrong, but I want my friends attention you know?", she chuckled and looked around. "I'm so sorry, maybe message Azula, she might change her mind", "I'll give it a go, take care of yourself, I'll keep an eye on him", Ty Lee smiled slightly and walked away.

"Hey there gorgeous do you come here often?", I heard Aang behind me and felt his arms wrap around my waist. "Aang", I smiled and turned around to face him, "so shrugged you've Jet off?", Aang looked over at Jet who was walking out to have yet another cigarette. "Just, but I'm happy to see you", I cupped his cheek, "how about that dance you promise me?", Aang tilted his head, how can I say no to such an adorable smile. "Come on then", we walked into the dance floor together, and danced, and danced and danced and danced.

Azula's POV

I was sat outside the marquee drinking from the bottle of whiskey and wiping away my tears, I can't believe it, I thought people would've actually remembered me? Everyone knows me, everyone talks to me, why doesn't anyone know when my birthday is? Not even father remembered this year. "Is that fire whiskey? Mind if I have a sip?", Jet walked over with a cigarette in his mouth, "f*ck off", I frowned up at him. "Alright a simple no would've done the trick", he shrugged, "looks like lady has shrugged off the tramp", I looked him up and down. "What?", he raised a brow at me, "Katara's left you after hanging around with you all night, how sad for you", I rolled my eyes. "Well at least I'm not as sad as you, out here drinking from the bottle and crying to yourself, you look pathetic Azula", "I know, and I feel it, now leave me alone", I glared at him and watched him walk away.

"Azula? What're you doing out here?", Katara stepped out, "you just missed Jet if you were looking for your side guy", I looked up at her. "I wasn't looking for him, I just needed some air, Ty Lee has been looking for you", she sighed, "I'm sure she has", I drank more whiskey. "Hey, this won't help whatever is going on in that brain of yours", Katara took the bottle off me and sat down beside me, "so what is going on in there?" she asked. "It's my birthday, it's my stupid birthday and nobody remembered, not one person", I burst into tears, why am I so upset about this? I usually don't care about stuff like this. "Azula, I'm so sorry, I had no idea when your birthday was, if I would've known we could've done all of this on a different day", Katara sounded sympathetic.

"It's fine, I don't want to make a fuss, just go in there and enjoy your party", I pointed at the marquee, "only if you come in with me?", Katara smiled and held my hand. "Do you forgive me? After what I did on the trip? After losing your trust?", I asked as I stood up with her, "oh Azula, I forgave you a long time ago", she gave me a quick hug before walking back inside with me, "now go enjoy yourself, happy birthday Azula", she smiled before walking over to Aang. She amazes me. She's ridiculous and dumb. But she still amazes me.

Sokka's POV

I was sat down with Zuko alone, Mai went to get herself another pint of vodka, now was my chance to have a private talk with him. "I brought something tonight", I whispered in his ear, "like what?", he asked looking around to make sure nobody can hear us. "I brought weed", I showed him what I had under the table. "Holy fuck Sokka where'd you get that from?", he looked at me in shock, "my dad, this is some of his medical cannabis, he won't notice if it goes missing", I looked into his eyes as I explained. "Sokka is this a good idea?", Zuko seemed panicked. "It'll be fine, just for a bit of fun", I chuckled. "I don't want to be apart of this", he frowned and moved away from me. "Fine, I'll do it alone", I stood up and walked out, rolling it up and smoking it.

"You mind if I have some of that Sokka? I need a quick fix, I haven't smoked in a long long time", Iroh walked over with a smile on his face. "Sure man", I laughed and passed it to him, "that's better", Iroh sighed as he breathed out the smoke and handed it back to me, "don't tell my nephew or niece", he winked and walked back in, what a legend. "Hey Sokka, want to help me build up some tents in a bit?" Suki walked over with a hammer in her hand, "mind if I smoke a little? don't tell anyone", and this happened again and again and again, even Katara smoked with me, she had a whole one to herself, the only ones who wouldn't touch it was Aang and Zuko.

Tonight just keeps getting better and better.