The celebration part 1

Katara's POV

Aang messed up, and he messed up badly, I hope he knows that, to ask me if he could hand our son over to the monks? That's insane, he must've known I'd react badly, but to say what he did after, I wasn't happy with him, not at all. And now I'm supposed to approach the monks with a smile, this is supposed to be a party for Bumi and how happy we are that he's here, I don't want it to be a farewell party instead and watch him being taken away by the monks. They mean a lot to Aang, I know that, but Bumi should too, he should be priority. "Katara", the monks smiled and turned to me as I walked over to them, I couldn't smile, not even if I tried so I kept a straight face.

"Are you enjoying your evening?", I asked bluntly, "yes we are having a wonderful time, how are you? how is Bumi?", they asked. "Good, MY son is doing fantastic, because he's at home, with his mother, his family, with me, have a good night", I looked at them all in the eye then walked away. I need some air I can't stay in here, I walked out of the marquee with a frown on my face. "What's with the long face Katara?", Jet was stood not far away on my right, drinking from a flask. "I'm fed up, I need a break", I sighed. "Sounds like you need a chat, I'm here, you may not like me that much but I'm easy to talk to, I'm good at keeping secrets too", he winked and continued to drink. "Alright, Well here goes nothing, I'm fed up of being a mother", it felt good to say it out loud. "Really? But you only just became a mother that's a little early to be fed up Katara", Jet looked concerned.

"Not to Bumi, I'm fed up of mothering Aang, he's always messing up, and I'm the one cleaning away his mistakes, when I need him he's never there, he left me whilst I was thinking I could be pregnant, he hid my pregnancy from the monks, he fainted when I was going into labour, and now he wants to hand Bumi over to the monks so he can be a monk, you know what he's a terrible father, it's only been me, this whole time it's been me, even now that Bumi's here Aang doesn't care, I'm the one who's looking after our son, it feels like he hasn't come back yet when he left all those months ago he left for good. I've got two children to take care of, I'm there for Aang when he needs me, I'm there to help him, to love him, to support him, to care for him. But where is he for me? Oh I know, he's out there not giving a damn how I feel!! He never thinks, never", I held my sides as I cried whilst talking.

Jet stood in front of me and sighed, "he ain't sh*t", he made me laugh even though I was crying, "look, you don't need his crap tonight, come party with me, here you need this", he held out his flask. I looked at it and debated wether it was the best thing to do, but I need this, I need a break, I grabbed the flask and downed whatever was in it and threw it back at him, "c'mon we need more booze", I held his hand and lead him inside. He's right, I don't need Aang tonight, I need a good time.

Zuko's POV

I was at my uncles tea shop, we were late to the party but I was too busy getting ready, I wanted to look my best for Sokka, this was our first party as actually being together, I looked at what ties I have and picked out the blue one, Sokka loves blue so he'll love me. "My prince, are you ready?", Iroh asked from outside the door. "Coming Uncle", I fixed my tux then opened the door walking out, "let's go", I began walking. "Wait", I stopped and turned around, "what is it Uncle?", "your tie", Iroh stood still examining my tie. "I like it, it's Sokka's favourite colour", I looked down at the tie, "that's adorable Zuko, but we all know you suit red better", Iroh fetched my red tie and smiled. He was right, I do suit red way better, "thank you uncle", I linked my arm in his and we made our way down to the taxi, then arriving at the marquee.

"How spectacular!", my uncle shouted as we walked in, it doesn't take a lot to impress my uncle, "it does look pretty good doesn't it?", I smiled as we both looked around, then I found Sokka amongst the crowd, he looked handsome tonight, who am I kidding he always looks handsome, but Sokka in a suit, that's a turn on. He caught me staring and made his way over, "uncle this is Sokka, Sokka this is-". "Brilliant to meet you young man! I've heard so much about you, now we must have a very serious chat", Iroh shook Sokka's hand excitedly then wrapped his arm around his shoulders, why does he have to be so embarrassing. "Okay? What about?", Sokka laughed and walked with my uncle, "what is your favourite tea?", "damn I like a lot of tea, I like...", I smiled as I watched them walk away together, I knew they were going to get on well.

"You're wearing your red tie huh? Good choice", Mai walked over with a glass of what seemed to be straight vodka in her hand, "uncle made me wear it", she smiled lightly and nodded. "He always made you wear it whenever we went out for dinner", "yeah, he'll never change", suddenly it felt awkward between Mai and I, we went out, I was wearing the same tie that I wore to every night out we had, and now my first night out with Sokka, this was disrespectful to Mai, "he won't notice if I take it off", I took it off and looked at it in my hands then at Mai, "take it, it's all of our memories, let's not dwell on them but just remember them, and make new ones", I smiled putting it on her. "Don't get all soppy on me like that", she shoved me and smirked, "thanks, now come on, you're behind on your drinking".

Suki's POV

"Why can't I drink yet!? Everyone else is!", Toph whined and tugged on my arm like an irritating child. "You will later on, I don't want you to be hammered, your alcohol tolerance is most likely to be awful I don't want to have your stomach pumped or anything", I sighed as I drank, we were both sat down at a table. "Fine jeez", she pouted and crossed her arms. "Everything okay here?", I felt someone's hands move onto my shoulders, I recognised the voice straight away, Yue. "No everything is awful because Suki won't let me drink like the others", Toph stuck her tongue out. "Hmm okay then, how about I get you a drink? Here have this, it's really alcoholic", Yue held a glass of orange juice in her hand and passed it over to Toph, "I don't taste any alcohol?", Toph raised a brow. "Then you must have a high tolerance", she winked at me. "Hah cool, see Suki I'm fine", "alright but don't go crazy on the stuff", I smiled up at Yue.

"I didn't think you'd come", I watched he sit down on the chair beside me, "I managed to trick my father to let me out, so here I am, happy to see me?", she grinned. "You know I am", she moved her hand under the table to hold mine and gave it a light squeeze. "Cool, because I'm happy to see you too Suki", the light shone on her face in the most beautiful way, how can a girl look so angelic? I zoned out as I looked at her. "I'm feeling the alcohol kick in now, I'm getting drunk! Hah!", Toph yelled excitedly. I had to stop myself from laughing. Poor Toph.