Get over it

Katara's POV

I groaned softly as I opened my eyes, I was in my room, what happened? I sat up and rubbed my head, did I fall? I looked over at the door and watched my father walk in. So it wasn't a bad dream. "Are you feeling any better?", He sat beside my bed like I was some sort of patient. "I'm Fine", I answered bluntly. "Katara, you fainted, you can't be fine, come on I care about you I'm your father, I want to know what's wrong". "Do you now? Well there's no point", I frowned and looked down. "No point?", He raised a brow. "No point for you to start caring now when you haven't ever since I was born". I turned away from him.

"You need to grow up Katara". "But I have, I've had to grow up, I have to take care of everything like an adult but I'm not one", I felt tears in my eyes, I don't want him to see me cry, I'm stronger then this. "Look, I can't do more but apologise, you know your mother got this angry when she was having you, and when she had Sokka...", he slowly began to realise what was going on. "Katara you aren't", he suddenly became sterner, I sat up and got out of bed. "It's none of your business, look I'll try and get over what happened but you just need to give me time", I put a jumper on, my dad nodded and made his way out. "Sokka's happy you're here, don't waste time with me and be with your son", he didn't reply and shut the door behind him.

If he were a real parent, he'd fight back and argue, or tell me off, but it turns out that I'm the parent, not only to Sokka but to my own father, I'm the one telling him off, I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. I don't look any bigger, do I?

Sokka's POV

Dad came back downstairs with a frown on his face, Katara must've kicked him out. "Don't worry about it dad Katara will come along, she's just stubborn", I shrugged and sat down with him on the couch. "She always was stubborn that girl", He shook his head and looked up at Aang. "So who are you kid?", He looked Aang up and down not sure what to make of him. "You're a monk, but why is a monk staying in my children's house?".

"I'm Aang, I joined their school and well Katara wouldn't let me go back up the mountains every night so, here I am", Aang shrugged and sat cross legged on the other couch. "So you're her boyfriend?", dad raised a brow. "I wouldn't say boyfriend I well maybe I'm not sure, let's stick with friends for now", He grinned with a blush on his cheeks. "Right, what about you Sokka? got yourself a gorgeous woman yet?", he nudged me. Woman? What do I tell him? I can't tell him, he'll freak out, he might leave again. "n-no, not yet", I looked down and rubbed my arm. "Chin up, she's out there somewhere". Aang gave my father a strange look before turning to me. I heard the doorbell ring and stood up. "I'll get it".

"Sokka, we need to talk", Suki walked in and held both of my hands. "Okay? Why is it so urgent?", Suki is a mess I know that, and I know my feelings for her are nothing more then admiration but she needs to understand I'm not interested and get over it. "Who's this then?", Dad walked over with a massive smile on his face. "This is Suki, she's-". "I'm his girlfriend", she shook my fathers hand and left me shocked.

Aang's POV

I watched everything explode right in front of my eyes, I didn't want to make anything any worse so I just sat at the side, I looked outside and saw the mail man, guess I can check the mail while I wait for this situation to be sorted, I moved past the three of them and grabbed the mail looking through it and seeing a letter for me. It's from the monks. I walked into the kitchen and opened it. After reading it I took a deep breath. "Oh boy". I couldn't talk to Sokka right now, he has too much on his plate, I should talk to Katara.

I walked upstairs and opened her door catching her off guard looking in the mirror at herself, "knock next time, I could've been naked!", She pouted and kept checking herself. "Wouldn't be the first time", I mumbled with a smirk on my face and sat down on her bed. "Hey, I heard that", she looked at me in the mirror and sent a small smile my way, I sent one back to her. I easily get distracted by Katara, she's gentle and moves with grace, but she's the strongest person I've ever met. I snapped back and looked at the letter in my hand. "This came, just now", I held it up to her. "Hm?", Katara turned around and picked up the letter reading through it, whilst reading it, she dropped it and froze. "They want you to go back...".

I nodded and looked down, I don't want to see her upset. "It'll only be for a month, they need me up there. That's all", I kept my head down as Katara began to pace. "Aang I can't wait a month", She held her arms as she walked from one side of the room to the other. "But I'll be back, I'm not going to be gone forever", I stood up and continued to watch her go back and forth. "Katara", I stopped her by holding her shoulders and looked her in the eyes. "I won't be gone for long, you've lived your whole life without me, you can do a month I know you can", I smiled and cupped her cheek with one of my hands. She slowly rested her head against mine.

"I'm scared Aang, with my father back, everything falling apart, and a potential life inside of me, I need you here", Her words hit me hard, she needs me, I have to be here, but I know the monks need me too. "I'm sorry Katara", I held her close and looked down. "You're strong, you can do this, you can get over it". She pushed me away. "Don't you dare, don't leave me, I can't let someone else I love walk out of my life when I need them most". I didn't respond I walked to the door. "Aang please". I turned the handle. "Aang!!".

I left.