Avoiding Problems

Mai's POV

Why didn't I just tell those freaks to go back home, now I have no way out of this stupid situation I've put myself in, well done Mai here's a gold star for being so socially inept.

I groaned as I quickly made my way into my room and slammed the door shut, pushing my body weight against it as I slide down holding my knees to my chest. Trying my best to catch my breath and calm down I'm rushed further when I hear a knock on the other side of the door, only making me feel more panicked.

I didn't respond and quickly wiped my eyes to get rid of any tears that were building, "Mai?", I stopped and furrowed my brows looking back at the door, am I hallucinating or is that Azula on the other side?

"I know you probably weren't expecting this, well neither was I", she huffed, she was obviously sent after me, "look just let me in before I break the door down", I scrambled to my feet and took a breath in before opening the door.

"Hey", I said bluntly looking at her as if I have nothing else to say.

"Hey", she responded, her arms were folded impatiently whilst her eyes seemed sincere, I took a step forward but she pushed me back in the room, "we need to talk".

No way out of this one Mai. Here's another stupid gold star.

Sokka's POV

Because of Mai's absence the food was postponed until she returned, the group became bored and some of us split up to take a look at Mai's house, Aang seemed to enjoy it the most so he ran off with Suki, I didn't know they both loved interior design and wealth so much?

I looked across from me to see Zuko pouring himself a glass of water, "so a lot has gone on recently huh?", I smiled awkwardly at him watching him pick up his glass of water to drink it then sigh and put it down.

He glanced over at Katara then back at me, clearing his throat and finally speaking, "Katara Sokka and I need to have a word", he rested his elbows on the table and sat up straight almost like he was at a business meeting, I guess being in a fancy environment he snaps into Zuko mode where he has to make his dad happy.

I raised a brow but let him continue, "Sokka and I are moving in together next week, I know it's sudden but we think it's for the best that it's sooner rather then later, do you have any questions?", he asked picking up his glass again.

Oh so he's just decided that we're moving in together to a flat we haven't even bought yet, thanks for telling me Zuko, I huffed quietly but stayed quiet, he must have a plan.

Katara looked at him and shook her head, "just let Aang and I know if we can help at all with anything, and I mean anything, it won't be too much hassle", she smiled lightly with her hands on her lap also sitting up in her chair.

From her tiny smile I could see this caused her great pain, but at least she's being positive about it, I'm starting to feel good about this.

"We'll talk about this later Sokka", she whispered over to me, okay now I'm terrified, I'm not feeling good about this at all.

Suki's POV

I returned to the dinning table to ask for directions to get out of the house and into Mai's massive back yard, if anyone would know it's Ty Lee right?

I left Aang to walk around and be amazed by everything to go ask, "hey guys, yo Ty Lee, any chance you know where to doors are to go out into the back yard?", I smiled at her.

She nodded and stood up taking a bottle of wine with her, "hey I'm coming too! I could do with some fresh air, it's so stuffy in this house", Toph frowned reaching out and holding onto my arm.

We walked around for a while but I quickly got bored of seeing the back yard but not being out there, I pulled Ty Lee back with my free arm and smiled, "let's just take the window", I pointed and we both helped Toph through even though she really thought she could do it herself.

I went after and reached back to help Ty Lee through but she quickly made it down herself and thanked me even though I didn't do anything. "You're pretty agile huh?", I grinned as we stepped down onto the grass.

"I've been a gymnast all my life, how come you didn't know that?", she raised a brow at me but kept some sort of curious smile on her lips.

"I haven't seen you do any gymnasting", I shrugged fighting my corner and looking away to marvel at the large garden.

"How about I show you?", Ty Lee cupped my cheek so I would look at her, my eyes landed on hers automatically, they really just draw you in huh? What kind of spell is this??

"Well you can't show me", Toph huffed still holding onto my arm, I smiled at her and sat down on the grass, watching her feel it with her hands and a grin form on her face, Toph is adorable, but I'd never tell her or she would break all of me for it.

Ty Lee walked on a little further and looked up at the night sky, I watched her for a second then decided to follow her and stand by her side, "it's beautiful isn't it?", she sighed softly.

"I know you are" I blushed lightly not noticing I said my thoughts out loud.

Ty Lee giggled softly and shook her head, "thank you", she turned to look at me and held out the wine bottle, "you're strong right? How about you open this and we chat for a while? Miss Strong", she leant in slightly to tease me, are we flirting?

Azula's POV

Lets get this out the way so I can do get my problem with Ty Lee out the way and then my problem with everyone else so I can start being horrible to them again for my own amusement, wait that's the problem. Never mind I enjoy it too much.

"Look this is how this is going to work, we sit down you talk I pretend to listen we tell everyone that you're okay and we can all be friends", I smiled pointing to the windowsill so she can sit.

She sat down reluctantly and took a deep breath, "but what if I actually want to talk it out, what if that's what we both need?", she kept her eyes down.

I took in what she said and understood it is what's for the best, "fine, let's talk", I sat beside her on the windowsill.

"So I think my problem is-", Mai began to speak.

"Who the f*ck does she think she is?", I angrily looked outside the window where I could see Suki and Ty Lee extremely close and basically alone, apart from angry blind girl of course.

"What?", Mai looked out and saw exactly what I saw and also frowned, "that's not normal", she crossed her arms.

"We need to fix this", we both said in unison watching the girls outside.