A familiar face

Aang's POV

Katara backed off the stranger and quickly left the store, I watched her go and sighed, guess I'll do the rest of the shopping on my own. "Are you one of her friends?", the man walked over to me, "you could say that, you know her?", I smiled. "Know her? I'm her father?", He smiled back. "So you don't know her?", I saw his smile fade. "You haven't seen her for a while, you don't really know her at all", I shrugged and looked down at the basket of food, "I better pay for this and catch up with her". "No let me, it's the least I could do", I watched him take the basket and pay for the food, we walked out together to see Katara holding back tears. I rushed over to her and cupped her cheek. "Hey hey, it's okay", I smiled warmly and rested my head against hers.

"More then just friends I'm guessing?", Katara's father stood near us. "It's really none of your business". Katara sniffled and pulled away from me. "I'll walk you home", He began walking. Katara frowned and we walked behind him getting to the door. "Are you coming in or are you leaving again?", Katara pushed past him and unlocked the door opening it for us. "You're still upset I see", He walked to the kitchen putting the bags down, "Gran Gran didn't do any redecorating by the looks of things, nothings changed". "What do you expect? All her money went towards Sokka and I", Katara followed him. I wasn't sure if I should be there. But I want to make sure Katara's okay.

"Honestly, what was the point of you having kids if you wanted to leave our dying mother so bad?", Katara didn't hold back, she's been waiting for this. "I couldn't look after you, I couldn't look after your mother I definitely couldn't look after you", He frowned over at her. "You gave up on us and ran, then Gran Gran passed away and you didn't even show at her funeral, all you do is send us money", Katara gave him a look of disgust. "I was busy that day". "Just like everyday?", She looked him in the eyes, silence filled the room. "Anybody want a drink?", I asked just to break the silence. "Just water for me thanks", Katara's father smiled at me then at Katara. "Times have been tough, I got your letter, I want to come back into your life Katara, I'm back in the city", the door opened. "Sokka's in the house!", Sokka laughed walking into the kitchen then stopped and beamed as he saw his dad and ran into his arms. "Dad!?". "Hey there soldier!", they both seem to have a good relationship even though they haven't seen each other for years.

I gave their father his water and turned to Katara seeing her go pale. "Katara?", I frowned and walked over not seeing her respond. "Are you alright?". Before I knew it she dropped to the floor. "Katara!?", I panicked and knelt down to pick her up. What just happened!?

Zuko's POV

The tea shop closed for the night, I finished cleaning up and took off my apron walking back to the table Azula was sat at alone. "Ty Lee isn't coming back", I sat down opposite her watching her stare down at the table. "She seemed really uncomfortable, you and Mai were at each others throats the whole time", I slouched back into the chair. "Yeah", Azula bluntly responded. It wasn't like her to be quiet, I decided to change the subject. "When are you heading home? Is father sending someone to pick you up?", I looked at her. "I can walk", she stood up and sighed. "See you tomorrow Zuzu", she walked out without another word. I held back to urge to run up to her and ask her to stay a bit longer just so I can be there for her as a brother but, I know I'll regret that later, c'mon it's Azula of course I'm going to regret it. But she's still my sister.

I got up and caught her up. "Azula!", she turned around, "stay here for tonight, I can help you more with your flirting? maybe we can talk too?", I shrugged, she nodded and walked with me back inside, we got to my room, she hugged me. Azula hugged me, for the first time in a very very long time. It felt weird but it reminded me of when we were younger. "Thank you Zuzu, I haven't always been the kindest to you, and you to I, but in the end we're always there for each other, right? You'll never betray me?", she looked up at me with sadness in her eyes. What does she mean by never betray her? I shrugged it off and nodded. "We're siblings, of course we're always going to be there for each other".

Suki's POV

I made a huge mistake at school, to kiss jet I must've been in a really weird place, but I know one thing for certain. I need to get Sokka back, I was so close but I was desperate I couldn't wait for him much longer, and I still can't, but I know I still love that boy, I need to get back in his good books, maybe I could ask Katara? I called her phone a couple times but she didn't pick up. Toph? she doesn't have a phone. Aang? Doesn't understand phones. Mai? Too scary and wouldn't care. Ty Lee? wait, maybe that could work. I dialled her number that I got a while ago when we were first friends at the beginning of school. "Hello? Ty Lee?".

"Suki is that you? Hi!! How're you? How's your day off??". She sounded super happy, she's usually upbeat but because she's with mean Mai and angry Azula, I thought she'd be just as vile, but she's cheery and sweet. "Uhh it's okay, I was wondering if you could help me?", I bit my lip and sat down holding the phone to my ear. "Sure, what's up?", I wasn't expecting her to say yes.

"Well, it's about Sokka.."