Something's On Your Mind

Katara's POV

We made it to the roof where everyone was, I took a deep breath and cleared my throat, the others turned to look at me eager to know the results, Aang looked up at me, he looked extremely stressed. "It's negative", I looked at them all raising a brow, "are you sure?", Mai looked at me confusedly, "yes I'm pretty sure", I sat down beside Sokka, "then why did you take that long? You can't panic about something that isn't there", Azula frowned. "I was terrified it was positive I had so many thoughts in my head, I couldn't help but let all my emotions out in there, god knows if I let them out here everyone will think I'm pregnant", I huffed.

"Yeah but, you have symptoms", Sokka shrugged, "emotions? Wanting food, isn't that normal? I'm allowed to live you know", I shook my head standing up, Aang stayed quiet, he must have been relieved, "I'm going home, thank you for all of this", I held my arm and walked back down the steps. "Hey", I heard Azula's voice behind me and began to walk faster. "Katara!", she ran after me, I looked back and missed the last step falling forward, "ah!", Azula caught my hand and helped me stand up. "What's wrong with you did you not hear me?", I looked at her then pushed her away not saying a word.

"I want to talk to you, Katara, wait", she followed me then stopped, I also stopped and looked back at her, if she wants to talk, we can talk. "What was happening in that bathroom? Are you alright?", I burst out into tears wrapping my arms around her, I expected her to get me off her, but she hugged me back. I knew I wasn't, but yet everyone was so sure, and they're right I have symptoms, then I thought if I was I'd have to get rid of it and, a-and", I cried into her shoulder.

"Oh I see, well you aren't, you don't need to think those things anymore, think good thoughts and yeah I'm not good at saying the right things", Azula sighed, I moved off her and wiped my tears away chuckling softly, "you're getting there", we could have the most powerful friendship in the whole world, but we're too different to get along for more then a week. "Look after yourself Katara, see you at the prom", she waved and walked back to the roof.

I watched her go and smiled, turning and walking home, seeing my dad asleep with Bumi in his arms, I tapped his shoulder then picked Bumi up, "thanks for looking after the little trouble maker, I can take it from here captain", I saluted then walked upstairs. Bumi fell asleep quickly, I watched him in his crib as I thought, thank god I've just got you.

Aang's POV

After the day I've had I'm super happy to be going home and relaxing, Katara left a couple minutes before Sokka and I, we ended up walking around the city and talking to each other, we get on super well, a lot better from when we first met that's for sure, "and that's I gutted a fish with only my mouth", he beamed proudly. "Wow, gross but wow", I chuckled then bit my lip as I thought of a topic I want to talk about.

"Sokka?", "mhm?", he was on his phone whilst we walked, "what do you think about marriage?", I asked, "woah Aang buddy buy me dinner first", he winked and pushed me. "No I'm serious", I smiled softly hoping to get his true opinion, "marriage huh? It's nice? A bit too overrated, if you love someone you don't need to marry them, it's just so you have an excuse for the couple to have everyone's eyes on them, though that's not always a good thing either, a lot of secrets come out at weddings and ruin a marriage as it's just begun, they're good fun though", he shrugged.

"Right, so they're pointless?", I tilted my head trying to understand what he really means, "what? No, I think they're pointless but they can be special to others, like religion sometimes it's a part of that and it's a big deal, why what's up?", Sokka questioned me. "Woah hey look the house!", I changed the subject and quickly walked up the stairs opening the door and walking in, "pitch black, dad must've gone home and Katara in bed", Sokka shut the door behind him.

"I better go see her, goodnight Sokka", I walked slowly upstairs opening the door to Katara and I's bedroom carefully, "Katara?", I whispered not hearing a response, she must be asleep. I undressed putting on some sweatpants to sleep in and got into bed looking up at the ceiling as I thought to myself, Sokka's words about marriage bubbling in my mind a long with the recent events of today, I looked at my arm that's in plaster. This week has been a roller coaster for me that's for sure.

Katara moved over cuddling up to me in her sleep, like it was natural for her, I smiled and kissed her head softly, she looks so beautiful and peaceful when she sleeps, though she's also beautiful when she's awake too. I'm even awkward when I think, I fell asleep. Though I woke up not long after, gasping and sitting up holding my chest, I couldn't breathe, what just happened? Did I have a nightmare? Surely I would've remembered.

"Aang?", Katara sat up slowly rubbing her eyes, "sorry I'm so sorry have I woken you?", I frowned at her still catching my breath, "shh, don't worry about that, what's going on why're you breathing so heavily?", she rested her head on my shoulder whilst holding me from behind. "I'm not sure", I sighed, Bumi began to cry beside us in his crib, "I've got him", I went to pick him up but he wouldn't stop crying whilst in my arms, "Aang you're shaking", Katara frowned and watched me, I held him out to her, as soon as he was in her arms he calmed down. "Alright muma's boy", I chuckled lightly.

Katara shook her head and smiled down at Bumi, we both watched him for a while until he fell asleep, Katara gently put him back in his crib then looked at me, "somethings on your mine, you know you can talk to me right?", she put a hand on my shoulder rubbing it softly. "I know, but it's okay honestly", I looked back at her and watched her lay back down, "but a cuddle would be nice", I chuckled.

"C'mere then", she grinned and dragged me down to her, "careful of my arm", I smiled back, "I love you", she looked into my eyes holding me close to her, "I love you too", I kissed her lips softly then pulled away, "I forgot to ask you something!", "huh?", Katara tilted her head. "Will you go to prom with me?", I asked, "of course I am, you didn't need to ask", she giggled lightly, "cool, I promise I'll make it the best night of your life", I cuddled up close with a smile on my face.

Yooooo, so I'm going to end this story in the next couple of chapters, it's been amazing to write and I will publish my next story soon! Hope you're having a good day! : )