Bonfire

Aang's POV

When the sun set, most people left the beach, but a group of us stayed and enjoyed the sound of the waves to the moonlight, Jet brought alcohol which was no surprise to anyone but shared it around as we shared stories around a small fire that Zuko ripped paper out of his book for and Mai used her lighter to ignite it. "I didn't know you smoked goth girl", Jet smirked and passed her his flask. "I don't, I just like to burn things", Mai shrugged and passed the flask on not drinking any of it, which was probably the smart thing to do. "Do you not remember when Mai almost burned down the academy when playing with her lighter in the science department when the gas was on", Zuko chuckled. "That was hilarious! The first time I saw Mai showing any kind of emotion", Sokka drank from the flask and winced slightly, already tipsy. "I feel like you guys got up to a lot of stuff before I came along", I passed the flask along with a small smile. "In a quick run down, Sokka was the dumbest, Suki was the strongest, Zuko was the loneliest, Mai was the most well Mai, Ty Lee was the prettiest and still is, Toph was a nobody, Katara was boring, Jet didn't even turn up to classes, and I was the best and most level headed, look how much we've changed eh?", Azula took the flask and raised it in the air for a toast before drinking from it.

Nobody was offended by what she said they all let out a small chuckle. "Look how far you've all come, you're so much closer, instead of fighting, you're laughing about stupid things you did in the past", I grinned as I poked the fire with a stick. "Don't get all monk on us now Aangy", Sokka leant on me as he smirked. "I agree, a toast to us, we all suck but in a wonderful way", Ty Lee giggled. Everyone nodded and smiled as they watched the fire. "I'm pretty sure I can beat any of you in a fight", Toph spoke out. "I highly doubt that", Zuko sniggered, "come on then try me!", Toph stood up, Suki stood up with her to hold her back, "most of us have been drinking let's calm this down and you can beat him in the morning", Suki calmed her down. "She won't beat me", Zuko huffed. "Aang, what was it like to live with the monks? Anything as crazy as this?", Mai looked up from the fire and over to me, suddenly, all eyes were on me. "The monks? It was wonderful, they are old but so full of life and spirit, I can play pranks on them and they'll laugh it off with me and prank me back, they're old and wise and can give you any kind of life advice you want, and they give you the best of hugs", I chuckled as I remembered my life as a monk, I looked at the tattoos on my arms and felt my smile fade. "I'm gonna quickly go for a late swim, I'll be back", I excused myself and got up walking into the water, looking up at the moon as I think.

"Aang?", I turned around and saw Zuko follow me in, "everything okay?", he looked over at me as he stood at my side. "I'm getting home sick that's all", I smiled lightly. "Home sick as in your home where you're going to have to raise a child in? Or the home where you run around and be a child all day in the mountains?", Zuko looked up at the moon. "I'll let you guess", I frowned softly. "Aang you should do the right thing, not only for Katara but for you, you act far too young to be a parent, break her heart now before it's too late", and with that Zuko walked out of the water, leaving me alone. I looked at my tattoos in the reflection of the water and sighed. The right thing is to keep to my promise. Though I can't help but let Zuko's words slip in to my thoughts. What's right for me and for Katara. I turned back and walked to the bonfire watching Zuko carry and very drunk Sokka and Mai walking behind. "Katara?", I looked down at her and held her hand to help her up. "Walk with me?", I smiled and walked next to the sea with her hand in mine. "You know I care about you and want to always be there", I began to speak. "Uh-huh?", Katara raised a brow, she wanted to know what I was getting at. "I think it's about time I act on that and do the right thing", she looked at me even more confused as we stopped walking, I held both her hands. "Katara", "Aang?". "Will you marry me!", I got down on one knee and beamed proudly up at her.

"Of course not!", she laughed and brought me back up to stand in front of her. "Huh?", I frowned as she laughed. "Aang that's very sweet, and I care about you too, but come on marriage? We don't need that right now", Katara shook her head but kept smiling wrapping her arms around me. "I love you Aang I do, but you and I both know marriage isn't the right thing to do, you've always got me, I know that, I don't need some paper to prove it", I blushed softly as she spoke, I held her close. "So don't ever mention marriage unless you still love me after the traumatic experience of childbirth and horrific parenthood", she joked and brought me in kissing my lips softly. "Which birth? Surely we'll have more then just Bumi?" I smirked. "You're really pushing it you know", Katara raises a brow and nudged me playfully. "Please tell me if you ever have doubts, with us, the baby, leaving the monks, anything, I'm still your friend Aang, I'm here for you to talk to", we began to walk back to the bonfire. No offence to Katara no way am I talking to her about what's going on, with hormones like hers she'll snap my neck as soon as I mention any doubts. "Alright", I smiled. "I mean it babe", she walked in front of me. "Babe? Katara your girlfriendness is showing". "Shut up". It was nice to talk to her, I know she supports me I feel that support every day, but somethings I know I just can't talk to her about because of how sensitive.

There a couple of things I haven't told her.

Like the fact that the monks want to visit me at the house.

They know I'm staying with friends I've made.

But they know nothing about the baby.

And I hope they never find out.