Maybe This Is a Good Thing

Zuko's POV

Amazingly Aang carried Katara the whole way, there were a couple of moments when he struggled but he made it in the end. Reaching the door step he stopped and sighed.

"You okay Aang?", Sokka asked sounding concerned.

"Yeah, I just need to get my keys", he chuckled and held Katara out to me, "hold this for me will ya?", he asked and passed her over like she was just a random thing he had in his hand, luckily she was asleep so she didn't react to it.

I held her with ease, I wonder why he struggled to carry her because she's pretty light, "does she always sleep this heavily?", I asked whilst watching Katara.

"Nope, she's just super tired lately, so a lot of sleep is good for her right now I guess, she's usually a super light sleeper, always hitting me whenever I snore, or just screams in my face", Aang smiled unlocking the door and letting us in.

"That's rough buddy", I shook my head laughing lightly with Sokka as we all walked in.

"Right I'll take her up and see you in a second", Aang held his arms out and took her back, walking to the stairs and instantly regretting carrying her.

"I'll help you", Sokka walked with him.

I watched them help eachother out for a while because it was funny to watch, then walked out to the garden, it was a nice night to be outside, well Suki and Ty Lee definitely thought that earlier, wait no I shouldn't joke it's not funny peoples feelings are hurt.

Actually, I should call Mai and see how she's doing, I know I don't usually do that but the whole evening must've been a nightmare for her. I took my phone out and dialled her number, waiting for her to pick up, she never picks up straight away she always leaves it right until the end.

"Hey", she answered sounding like her usual self, which was annoyed, I know I haven't annoyed her but she just sounds like it, it's a Mai thing.

"Hi, How are you?", I asked pacing the garden as I spoke, I wanted to call her but I actually don't know what to say, I should've planned this.

"Fine", she spoke plainly.

I sighed and stopped pacing, "really?".

"Yeah, I think this is what we needed, we were all terrible friends anyway", Mai sighed, she's right they were bad together, so she's being positive about it?

"You will all talk and some point though right?", I asked, "because I've learnt from the past that leaving things as they are now will make you feel horrible, when you all talk it through and part ways civilly then you will be relieved".

"Gross you sound like your uncle", I could hear her rolling her eyes.

"Nah, if I asked you for tea at the end of that, then I would be my uncle", I smiled hearing her laugh through the phone.

"Okay Iroh, well I better go, talk soon", she said before hanging up.

This is actually a good thing, now everyone can move on in a positive direction, it's sad to see the girls split up because they've been friends for years and years and years but Mai is right.

It's about time most of us went our different ways, we have lives to get on with now. We're basically adults?

Aang's POV

I thanked Sokka as he helped me carry Katara to our room, I watched him go and was about to follow him out but instead stopped and looked down at Katara, she looked so beautiful, how can she look like a goddess without doing anything at all?