Her Lullaby

Aang's POV

Sokka left with his head down, I didn't know the two of them held so much pain between them, I stayed there for a second in thought. then decided to make a move to go home myself. I began to walk then tripped on something. huh? oh shoot Katara left her bag. I should give it to her. now what did Sokka say about finding his location using this phone. It took me a while to remember but I got it in the end. okay gotcha.

I picked up her bag getting ready to leave then noticed a piece of paper fall out. I went down to get it back then watched it blow away in the wind. damn it. come on I need that it could be important. I didn't hesitate to chase after the letter, I watched it glide over the road as I ran after it, the traffic didn't bother me, it just made things harder, but more fun.

As I ran onto the road i weaved my way through the oncoming traffic, with the paper still in my sight I focused on it not noticing a black car coming my way, when i saw it, it was too late, my reflexes kicked in and i jumped onto the car bonnet and continued the chase, jumping onto the car roof and onto other car roofs before seeing it float up an alley way. "heh, I've got you now!", i followed it then saw it go up the building walls. "oh come on that's cheating", I pouted then quickly stretched my arms and legs before climbing the wall and using the opposite wall to occasionally jump off it and back to the other, not knowing anyone was watching I made it to the roof and grabbed it before the paper got away again. "woohoo! I did it!" I smiled then noticed what was written. "to dad?".

Azula's POV

The car stopped quickly, making me fall forward, I raised a brow. "look I told you to stop breaking whenever you see a cat. They have nine lives they can lose one for me", I leant back in my seat and rolled my eyes then heard the driver explain what was happening. "what?", I tilted my head then heard a bang as the roof of the car dented inward. "what on earth!?", I opened the door and stepped out and caught a glimpse of who jumped on the car and where he was going. "well well, Zuko did say he was fast", I climbed on the car and followed his path, I've almost caught up with him now. He went down the alley. I turned and saw nothing but a dead end, i heard him and looked up seeing he's on the roof. can he fly? how did he get up there so fast?

I heard my driver call me and groaned in frustration, I'll find you, that's a promise. I walked back to the car and sat down. "Take me home. I need to make a few calls". I smiled to myself as we pulled away.

Suki's POV

after practicing with Toph it was clear she should be able to play with the others. she was way better then me at volleyball that's for sure. I just had to get her parents on board. I knew the beifong family well, I mowed their lawn when I was younger. Though i didn't remember Toph, I don't think I saw her at all, not even once.

I knew where the house was though, I got on my bike and cycled over there making sure that I got there before Toph, watching her father drive off to pick her up, here's my chance. I knocked on the door and smiled when I saw her mother. "Mrs Beifong", I smiled with my hands behind my back, "I wanted to talk to you about Toph". Her mother nodded as she let me in.

"You may not remember me but my name's Suki", her mother quickly interrupted me as she offered me some tea. "how could I forget our little mower?", she smiled back at me. "well, Toph is amazing in school she's doing well and is incredibly independent. I've even played some sport with her and she has an incredible talent with her heightened senses, she's indestructible", I beamed but only saw her mothers smile fade. I cleared my throat and spoke again. "I was thinking, maybe she could go up for the volleyball team".

Her mother put her teacup down and sighed shaking her head, "no. I'm sorry Suki but I'm not putting my girl out there, she's too fragile to be playing such games she'll be made fun off", I was shocked at what she said, Toph is usually the girl to make fun of others. "I'm sorry but she's far from fragile, she's amazing", I tried to persuade her but ended up getting held by the wrist and dragged out of the door. "Mrs Beifong please listen to me, your daughter has fun when playing sports. she's miserable when she sits on the side, and that's all she's ever done thanks to you Mr Beifong, make the right choice and make your daughter happy please". And before I knew it the door was slammed shut in my face.

"ughh, so much for trying", I got back on my bike and quickly cycled home. hopefully Toph's mum will think about it, fingers crossed.

Katara's POV

This sucked. I was in my room sat on my windowsill looking outside watching the sun set, like I used to do with Gran Gran, whilst Sokka slept, we both sat at the window and watched the sun go down, and she'd sing to me. I felt tears roll down my cheeks. After hearing she passed away, Dad didn't even think about returning. He left Sokka and I to work things out for ourselves. I leant against the side of the window with my hand up against the glass, hearing the door open but not looking back.

"oh, the sun's setting", Sokka walked over and sat on the free space on the window sill, we watched the sun set together. "remember Gran Gran's lullaby?", he smiled and started crying with me, I nodded and looked at him wiping his tears away with my thumb.
"Katara, you've done this for so long, at least let me wipe my own tears, I'm a big boy now", Sokka chuckled and held my hand taking it off his face, letting his tears fall.

This was how we worked, we didn't apologise, we were both too stubborn, we didn't argue it out when one of us was upset, we didn't leave it and hoped it would go away.

We sang.

In memory of Gran Gran.

Who never wanted to see us fighting.

and she never will.