Open your eyes

Aang's POV

we finished the session and went back inside to change, as we walked in I saw the girl with black hair outside her changing room, here's my chance, I got her ball from the boys changing room and walked over to her. "hey, you left this", I smiled and held the ball out for her to take, maybe we can be friends.

"what did I leave?", she turned to face me, her hair covering most of her face, "u-um, a ball", can she not see it? "here", I held it closer to her. "come on kid, have you really not noticed I can't see?", she stood up and reached out for the ball, I put it in her hands carefully. "wait, but you were hitting the ball against the wall, back and forth, you must've been able to see it to hit it back",I asked, this confused me massively, is she some sort of super human.

"nope, I'm just better then you, I can hear the ball and time when it comes my way. my senses are just heightened doofus", and with that she walked into the changing room door, "I knew that was there", she said before walking inside. Guess making friends was a lot harder then I thought. wait here's Katara coming out of the sports hall.

"hey Katara!", I waved with a smile hoping I'll get one in return, "I was wondering if-". "not right now Aang", she didn't even look at me and walked straight into the changing room. what's wrong with these students, why can't they just smile, why couldn't that girl say thanks to me giving her ball back, and why is Katara suddenly ignoring me. I guess I'm back to square one with no friends at all.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned around to see who it is, "Zuko?", what does he want now? "I want a word". "well sorry Zuko but Aang's with me. We have poetry class pretty soon. I don't want him to be late on his first day", Sokka walked over, his eyes shot daggers at Zuko, there was a lot of tension between them. "y-yeah, I'll go and get ready, see you in there", I walked into the changing room to escape the conflict outside.

After changing I noticed Sokka still hasn't changed, him and Zuko didn't come back in, I better go look for him. I looked around outside and it was empty, they left. I started hear some raised voices from the sports hall, I put my ear up against the door and listened in.

"why are you giving Aang so much attention? what are you planning Zuko?", I heard Sokka's voice question him, is he protecting me? "are jealous Sokka? am I not giving you enough attention?", I heard Zuko chuckle, I had to see what was going on, I opened the door slightly, to see them both.

"All I'm saying is, don't do anything to make his first day the worst. cut him some slack and leave him alone", Sokka sighed and began to walk towards the door but was stopped by Zuko grabbing his neck and pushing him up against the wall. "Are you worried I'll make his first day as bad as yours?, when I burned your hair off in science? I have to say it's grown back pretty well. maybe I should do it again, burn it all off", Zuko smirked pushing Sokka further into the wall.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you", Sokka pushed him off and groaned slightly. "I'm a lot stronger then what I used to be, and to your disadvantage, you're the one who made me strong, who tested me, who pushed me over the edge, well I climbed back up. and I'm ready to throw you off myself, and if you dare touch him, you'll start calling me daddy, because you'll get another one of those scars", Sokka looked Zuko up and down then made his way to the doors pushing his shoulder as he walked past, I quickly moved away and back into the changing rooms. I can't believe what I just witnessed. was that a fight?

"Oh. Aang? are you waiting for me?", Sokka tilted his head and started to change, I sat there and stayed silent nodding in response. How is he so calm after all that rage. I wish I could thank him for sticking up for me, but then he'd know I was listening in, then he won't trust me. And by the looks of things. I want to be on Sokka's good side.

Suki's POV

I was meant to meet up with Sokka to go to his poetry class, but I know I have to speak to Toph. I waited for the other girls to leave and stopped Toph. "Hey can I talk to you real quick?", she nodded and sat down. "That catch, today in dodgeball, that was amazing, how did you do that?", Toph took a minute then simply shrugged. "Luck I suppose, can I go now?", I didn't reply but I picked up one of my shoes and threw it towards her face, and of course, she caught it. "now. what was that about luck?", I crossed my arms with a smirk on my lips.

After Toph explained how she learnt to do it, I was amazed. "damn Toph, then surely you can play with us right?", I was sat opposite her. "I wish I could, but my dumb parents think I'm too fragile to do anything, let alone play any sport", she huffed. "well, what your parents don't know, won't hurt them. How about we practice some stuff now?", I stood up and helped her up with me, she smiled brighter then I have ever seen her smile before.

"Really? you'd do that?", "of course, you have real potential at being an awesome player at well let's find out!", I held her hand and picked up her ball, running into the sports hall with her to practice, and she was better then I imagined, all I have to do now is find out how to contact her parents, and tell them how good she is, then they'll open their eyes and see she's tougher then they thought.