A Prom To Remember

Suki's POV

I managed to force myself to go to the prom, it's hard to do most things with Yue's death constantly on my mind, but this is a big event and it opens up a new chapter in my life, while Yue's chapter has finished and I need to do what she would've wanted, for me to be happy, so I'll try, I'll try for you Yue.

"Suki!", Sokka walked in with Katara, he seemed upbeat, "I'm so glad you came, I wanted to talk to you and see how you're doing, and I think we should have a conversation about Yue, her recent death has effected you greatly, you aren't yourself", he came over and gave me a hug.

"Yeah well, I'd rather not, I'm not ready to talk now, I'm trying to clear my mind and just have fun and party, like the good old times", I smiled lightly, why is it so hard to just smile? I noticed Sokka frown. "But we will talk about her soon, because you need to as well, no matter how much you want others to think you don't", I sighed putting a hand on his back.

"Okay, soon then", Sokka smiled at me and nodded, I get small signs of him letting his walls down, somehow he is relaxed around me, and doesn't have to put on this mask of a happy guy when he's really hurting behind it. I'm glad he trusts me.

"So where's Aang? Thought he would be coming in with you guys?", I looked at him then at Katara who was talking to Mai and Zuko, then looked at Sokka seeing a guilty look plastered on his face. "You had an argument didn't you?", I put my hands on my hips raising a brow.

"Yeah so what?", Sokka raised his voice slightly then stopped himself shaking his head, "it's my emotions, they're out of control, I took my anger out on him when all he's done is been the greatest friend I could ever ask for? He probably won't show up, I think I made him cry", Sokka looked down, ashamed by himself.

"He'll turn up, Aang won't miss a good party, now come on, you look like you could do with a dance", I held his hand and took him onto the dance floor with a smile, I hope this all works out, for better or for worse.

Zuko's POV

I sat with Mai and Katara at a table watching everyone and everything around us whilst we talk, the prom seemed to be going well, though the atmosphere seemed sad, I knew the thought of a dead student and friend would ruin the mood of the party, Suki and Sokka seem to be enjoying themselves though. Should I be jealous? She's dancing with my man.

"So where's Aang?", Mai asked Katara whilst she took a flask out of her bag, since when did she care about Aang? "I thought he would be here by now showing everyone how to party", she drank out of the flask, her voice monotone, sounding like she doesn't really care, though I'm sure she does, maybe, it's hard to tell.

"I don't know, I was hoping he would be here, maybe he just needs to be alone for a while", Katara responded but didn't look at us, her gaze lowered to her hands on her lap, she seems flat but I think it's for something other then Yue's passing, I'll make sure to find out later.

"Well, I'm going to get food, I see a desert table and I'm not going to stop myself from going over any longer, have fun dorks", Mai got to her feet and walked away, she really does have a way with words that one, no wonder I loved her.

"So Katara, you seem-", Katara listened but quickly changed the subject from herself before I even finished talking which was odd.

"Are you not jealous of your boyfriend dancing with an ex that he loved for many years?", she asked watching Sokka and Suki dance, I also watched and sighed deciding to let her get away with changing the subject, "I trust him enough to know he won't do anything with that one ever again". Though I don't know, they seem a lot closer now.

Katara's POV

Aang isn't here. Why on earth isn't he here!? I needed to talk to him tonight, I have to tell him something I've been hiding from him for a little while now and the guilt of me hiding it is eating me up inside, I feel myself constantly squirming and fidgeting, trying to find the courage to just come out and say it. But there is never a right time.

"Excuse me Zuko, I'm going to look around and see if Aang's around somewhere", I smiled and stood up leaving Zuko, though he won't admit it he seemed to care deeply about Suki and Sokka, I have to let him accept that and admit it to himself before me stepping in.

I walked around the hall checking to see if Aang was anywhere to be seen, and then the school corridors, I need to tell him, please be here, "what're you doing?", I jumped turning around to see Azula stood behind me with a hand on her hip examining me with her predator like eyes.

"Nothing, just looking for Aang", I looked around then shrugged looking back at her, "what're you doing?", I asked intrigued that she's also looking around the corridors when everyone else is at the party.

"I needed some time to breathe, I'm starting to dislike social gatherings and events more and more as I go them", she rolled her eyes and leant against the wall crossing her arms. "I heard about Yue, I'm sorry for your loss, I knew you were close, and your friends", Azula seemed like she genuinely cared, it was a sweet sight.

"Yeah, it was hard to swallow the truth that she's gone, but all we can do now is remember her, and I think she would like you to get back to the party and enjoy yourself, maybe a dance or two", I smirked at her knowing Azula would react and say no.

"Alright, if that's what she wants, let's dance blue eyes", she held my hand and lead me back to the hall, going straight to the dance floor, we were friends, this felt good, it felt amazing in fact, Azula seemed happy, and she was a pretty good dancer. "Stop stepping on my toes!", she laughed spinning me out.

"I'm trying not to!", I laughed with her, the music stopped and we panted, holding our sides from laughing too much, Azula is a good friend, things are just complicated.

"Hey everyone", I heard Aang's voice and looked up to see him on the stage in the hall on the microphone, he made it thank god, but wait why is he up there like that?

"What is he doing?", Azula raised a brow back at me, I shrugged and we both looked at Aang, wondering what he was doing up there, and what he would do next.

"I have something I want to ask, to a very special girl in my life, Katara", he pointed at me, everyone's eyes were suddenly on me, what was he doing? My cheeks began to redden from embarrassment.

"Will you be my forever girl? Will you marry me?".