The message

Zuko's POV

I could see there was something going on between Katara and Aang, he was trying too hard and she was too hormonal, so I moved Katara away from him so they have space from each other. "Are you and Aang alright?", I asked as we sat down together after class. "It's complicated, I'm getting too short tempered, I'm mean to the poor guy just because of this irritating and nonstop kicking demon", Katara frowned at her stomach then sighed. "He's trying his best, I still love him and I know when the time comes we'll be together and ready", she smiled.

"Congratulations you two!", a group of students walked by. "Hm? That was odd", I raised a brow then looked back at Katara, "so you're happy with him? Are you sure", "completely, I know you're looking after me and you might not think he's right but trust me Zuko, he's not just right, he's perfect", Katara held both of my hands and beamed at the thought of Aang. "You two are so cute! Congratulations by the way!", another student said as they walked by. "What're they talking about?", Katara frowned then looked down at our hands then immediately let go.

"They think we're together, they think the baby's yours", Katara stood up and began to panic. "Azula", I shook my head and sighed, this sounds like a rumour of hers. "She's back to being her irritating self I see", Katara rolled her eyes and walked with me out of the classroom and down the hall, almost every student we passed congratulated us. This was awkward as hell, I see Katara as my sister, best friend even, no way as a lover, she was just as awkward as me. "Azula!", I opened the doors to her office and walked in.

"Zuzu! How is Zuzu jr?", she smirked putting her feet up on the desk, "drop it and while you're at it get the whole school to drop it you know it's Aang's", "I didn't create this little rumour, I can't stop it", Azula shrugged. There was no point in talking to her about it. I walked back over to Katara who had loads of students around her asking her if the rumours are true. "Azula isn't helping, we need to find a way to stop this rumour ourselves", I frowned holding her hand and dragging her away. "Slow down! I have an idea!", she panted and leant against me. "The announcer Azula has, it used to be the schools radio remember? we can use that if it still works".

Sure enough Katara's idea was brilliant, we got to the old radio room and I began to fix the equipment while she rested. "Wait I think I've got it, go on give it a go", I looked over at Katara and watched her walk over to the microphone and turn it on. "H-Hello?", her voice echoed around the school through the old speakers. I did it, they work! I turned to Katara and smiled giving her a thumbs up, all she had to say now was that it's a stupid rumour.

"I'm Katara, no I'm not having a baby with Ozai's son Zuko, in fact I'm having a baby with Aang, I haven't given this boy enough credit, he's been so caring and sweet, he's the kindest and most wonderful guy you'll ever meet, but hands off ladies he's taken. You see he's special, he's unique, he's clever and talented, to be honest he's way better then any other kid in this school, my brainiac self included. He has the brightest future I've ever seen, but he's given it up to be stuck with me, I'm sorry Aang, I'm sorry I haven't given you as much attention as I should, I'm going to change that I promise, I love you Aang, I love you with all my heart, from the both of us, from your family, Katara out", She had tears in her eyes as she spoke then looked over at me.

"Now they won't think we're together at all huh?", I chuckled slightly and shook my head in amazement. She told the whole school her feelings for Aang, how did you she do that? How did she get that confidence, I can't even tell Sokka to his face, or handle everyone knowing. "Hey!", Aang ran in and leant over panting. "S-Sorry I didn't know where this room was, as soon as I heard your voice I just ran and ran and-", Katara stopped him from talking by planting her lips onto his, I smiled lightly and made my way out, I didn't want to intrude.

This actually gave me a boost, it made me feel good, if Katara could do that, then I can tell Sokka how I feel, we can start a relationship and I won't feel bad about it, we can be happy together. I turned a corner and stopped, I saw Toph and Sokka holding hands and being awfully close. "Hey guys", I watched them notice me and walk over. "Are you going to tell him?", Sokka looked down at Toph. "Alright", Toph laughed awkwardly and stayed close to Sokka. "What do you have to tell me?", I felt my chest tighten, I hope it isn't what I think it is.

"Well, we're together!", Toph beamed and wrapped her arms around Sokka, "oh, thats nice", my body became numb, my heart dissolved, it was what I feared, they're in a relationship, and Sokka has moved on. "What do you mean nice? It's great isn't it?", Sokka smiled then it started to fade as he stopped talking. "I-It is! Sorry I have a lot on my mind", I held my head and leaned back against the wall. He didn't wait for me. "Oh yeah like trying to get with my sister, I've seen you too, and I don't like it, you heard on the speakers right? Aang is the only guy for her", Sokka crosses his arms raising a brow.

"Katara and I!? no, ew, isn't it obvious that I'm in love with you?", I didn't realise what I said until after I said it and sighed, "I'm happy for you, now stop bothering me", I pushed past and walked away, that's it, I'm lonely yet again, I made my way outside the academy then noticed a car pull up and someone familiar step out.

"What's this I've been hearing about you getting a girl pregnant?"

"Father..."