XXXVIII

---

Author's POV

"What's going on?!" Lector questioned the Thunder Legion as the tigers watched Evergreen and Laxus glare at each other due to their disagreement.

"That's enough, both of you," Freed went in between the duo, obscuring their sight of each other.

"This is none of your concerns, for now, let us handle it." He continued, but the Tigers seem to be unsatisfied. "Tell us," Rogue demanded, the concern for the silver-haired wizard was shared between tigers.

"Kira's also our friend and if it concerns her life we must be aware," Yukino commented, "We'll help you," Rufus added.

"It's not as simple as you think it is," Freed shook his head, "The first thing you should know is that you can't perform any spell around her," He told them as Laxus and Evergreen stopped their glaring battle and shift their gazes to the tigers, along with Bickslow.

"Since that floating guy will get stronger, yeah," Olga nodded, remembering their conversation earlier regarding Kira's pet.

"But what's happening to her?" Frosch mumbled as she separated her face from Rogue's chest. Upon hearing her words, the former fairies all looked at each other and sighed.

"Kira has two magics, the crystals you see her using and the dark wisps around her, well we call it 'death,'"

"She was a kid when she sealed that type of her magic, deeming it to be dangerous and uncontrollable for her," Laxus started, a memory flashing into his mind.

"You see, 'death' has a life of its own; thus the creation of her pets. They were named by the corresponding negative feeling they emit to attack their target, that 'thing' there is Fear,"

"When 'death' was sealed, it was livid as it starts to retaliate inside of Kira," Freed explained the extent of the green-eyed wizard's abilities.

"We unsealed it once," Evergreen joined in as she crossed her arms, "And we almost died in the process," She added, shocking the unaware people in the room.

"These pets, they were loyal." Bickslow told them, "Very loyal. Despite being sealed, they carried their duty very well; being trapped."

"I don't get it," Yukino mumbled, "If they want to be let out, why would they remain trapped?"

"Kira used 'death' to seal itself and ordered her creatures to remain sealed," Evergreen answered, "If someone were ever to unseal it, they must stop it."

"And they did, like Evergreen said, we almost died because of them," Laxus huffed and leaned against the wall near them.

"They will remain sealed because Kira said so even though they don't agree with being caged," Freed explained.

"So the seal? That's what causing this?" Rufus questioned as he furrowed his brows together.

"Yes," Freed nodded, "Light is its weakness, something pure and holy,"

"Being exposed to such magic can weaken them, irritating them. And causing them to act against their loyalty, that's why that 'thing' is out because it was irritated too much that it can't stay still."

"How can we get rid of it?" Lector joined in, "We can't, it will only listen to Kira and itself," Bickslow answered the feline's question.

"What happens if we don't unseal it?" Rogue voiced out his concerns, "You see the marks on her skin?" Laxus asked and raised a brow.

The tigers nodded as they saw how the marks moved every second.

"Kira's getting weak because of it as she lost a humongous amount of magic since it's been a part of her since she was born. She knew that she might not survive with sealing it, and yet she did it with no hesitation,"