XXVI

---

Kira's POV

"What quest should we take this time?" Minerva asked beside me as we looked through the board for another mission.

After Fairy Tail disbanded, the quests we got after the games were then sent to Sabertooth, giving the guild many choices.

"I want Kira to have a quest with me," I heard Sting whine behind us, "You're busy, aren't you?" Minerva sighed, looking at the young master.

"I-I'm not," He stuttered as I turned around to face him, amused.

"Plus, you already have Rogue and Lector," Minerva added, "Rogue brought the exceeds with him," He glared at the dark-haired woman.

"Okay," I chuckled while Sting whipped his face to look in my direction.

"I'll go with you on a quest," I told the blond who smiled brightly at my words. "I'll pack, just wait here." He rushed, going outside of the guild.

I looked towards Minerva who's staring at me with her eyebrow raised, "Good luck," She simply said before leaving me at the board to take a seat.

"It's not gonna be that bad," I followed her at the table and taking a seat across from her.

---

"I think we're lost," Sting mumbled while staring at the map in his hands as I glared at him lightly.

We've been walking for hours and he still hasn't reached our destination, "Give me that," I snatched the paper from his grasp as I gazed at it.

I left my eyes off the map and glared at the blond again, hitting him by the back of his head. "We've already passed it, idiot,"

"Eh," He rubbed his head, avoiding my gaze. "I'm not giving this back to you," I stuck my tongue out and started walking away from him as I went in the direction of the town we're supposed to be in.

"Sorry," He awkwardly chuckled as he ran up to me, "Rogue always read the map when we're in a mission," He smiled slightly, finally catching up to me.

"You should handle the map sometimes," I sighed, putting the map in the bag in my back. "But not when you're with me," I chuckled at him as he pouts.

We walked in silence as I sensed our surroundings, the place seems to be calm and untroubled. As I observed the area, I felt a familiar presence along with somebody I don't recognize.

Ignoring the presence, I kept walking without telling Sting what I discovered as I deem that they won't cause any trouble.

"I forgot, what are we doing? You were the one who picked the quest," I glanced at Sting from the corner of my eyes, "Just catching a thief," He shrugged.

I frowned at the mission, the other members seem to have gotten the other interesting quest since this type of posters can only be seen on the board.

"Oh, well that's a bit boring,"

Silence surrounded us again with only our footsteps heard, I looked at the clear sky as I watch the clouds move around the sky.

"For someone who would like to have a quest with me, he's very quiet."

I watched the clouds move freely in the sky as the birds joined its flight, enjoying the freedom while they stretched their wings through the vast sky.

"Why do you always insist to have a mission with me?" I questioned the blond, my eyes locked at the sky above.

"I w-want to know you better," He stuttered, turning his away from my sight while I glanced at him. "But you already know a lot of things about me, " I smirked as I saw his cheeks redden.