XXXIV

---

Kira's POV

"You should have told me in advance that you were coming," I huffed and punched his arm lightly, "Well, I'm sorry," Laxus sarcastically replied.

"Laxus missed you so much," Evergreen teased as Bickslow's puppets floated near Laxus.

"No I don't, " He denied and tried to swat away the puppets with his hands.

"Whatever you say~" I replied and sent a teasing smile towards him.

"How have you been?" Freed greeted me as I faced him, "I'm good, " I smiled as I missed being in their presence.

"You look good, " Evergreen commented and brought her hand to my face as she tucked a hair behind my ear.

"You too," I commented as she took her hand back, "What have you guys been doing so far?" I asked the group in front of me.

"Travelling, " Laxus shrugged before resting his arm around my shoulders, "So, how's Sabertooth, " He asked as we started walking with the rest of the group behind us.

"It's been nice, " I replied, watching children play among themselves at the side of the street. "It's been hectic as the quests keep piling up, " I added.

"Have you been accepting quests again?" Freed questioned, gaining other's attention. "At first, but I stopped for now, " I shrugged, not mentioning the reason why.

With Minka present, it's much safer to be around the guild if any bad thing will happen.

"You don't really need to do quests to earn money, " Bickslow commented, "True, " Evergreen agreed at Bixslow's words.

"Why?" I turned my head to them, confused by their statements. "You've been saving the money you get from your missions since you were a kid," Laxus answered as he forced me to look forward.

"That's true," I sighed, remembering the abundant amount Jenny I received as a kid, "Wait," I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Where are we going?" I asked the dragon slayer beside me as we continue walking to an unknown destination.

"To your guild, " He blankly stated, "Why?" I stared at him in confusion.

"Free booze, " He shrugged as I recognized the familiar structure of the guild.

"Wow, " I rolled my eyes and separated myself from him as we stood in front of the building.

"The place looks deserted, " Laxus commented as soon as we entered the guild, "Weird, " I added, looking around the area.

My eyes landed on the request board, seeing it filled with quests.

"Where the hell are they?"

Since the board is still filled, the other members can't be out doing missions.

I saw Rufus sitting alone at a table as he read his book, "Wait, " I told the group behind me and strode towards the tiger.

"Where are the others?" I raised an eyebrow as he lifts his head to meet my gaze, "The place was already like this when I arrived, " He replied, his eyes shifting behind me as he saw the Thunder Legion.

"You have guests, " He commented and stood up from his seat, "It would be nice to talk with someone who isn't enthralled by Minka,"

Chuckling at his words, I followed behind him as we approached the known guests.

"The exceeds?" I inquired as a running cat with a frog suit haven't run up to me yet.

"They went out earlier when they found out you were gone," Rufus replied.

---

"Something's on your mind, " Laxus sat beside me as I gaze at the glistening lake in front of us.

"What do you mean?" I replied, not bothering to face him as I pulled my knees closer to my chest.

"You've been dozing off, " He added, "I've known you for a long time to recognize when you're troubled."

I sighed, knowing very well that his words are true. "There's this new member, she gives me a bad feeling."

"The other member doesn't seem bothered by it, only a few of us are wary of her," I mumbled, placing my arms around my legs as I rest my head on top of my arms.

"Have you tried warning them?" I felt Laxus inched closer beside me, "I can't, I feel like some of them are under a spell." I responded.

"She's a dangerous person, Laxus, " I started, worried that Minka might do something despicable.

I know that she's capable to do such a thing but I don't understand what she wants here.

"I've met her before, and she's not someone that can be trusted, " I told him as I left out a tiny detail that I've tried to hide deep in my mind.

Alvarez

Her Alvarez mark wasn't there before though.

I doubt the empire would want her to join their ranks after putting the trusts of the citizen at the edge for the efficiency of the empire.

But knowing Irene, she'll be plotting something devious again.

"She can be using Minka,"

Her mark is proof of that, Irene wouldn't let someone bear such a prestigious emblem on someone like her.

So like everyone else who's deemed useful but not decent enough for the red-head, her mark can only be seen by someone who also bears the same symbol; whether it's those who can freely show their marks or those who are unfit to display them.

"What are you planning to do?" Laxus asked me as I was thrown out of my daze.

"I'm not yet sure, " I huffed, impatiently wanting to know what she's here for.

"She must've known about me,"

She knows I can see her hidden Alvarez insignia, she was proudly displaying it to me.

"Wait, there's no way,"

After what happened to her, there's no way she'll act civil with me.

"But why was she sent here?"

What is something Irene would want desperately that she'll send Minka for it?

I raised my hand in front of my face as I bit my index finger lightly.

"Ah, I'm so stupid,"

I accidentally bit my finger too hard as I tasted the familiar metallic liquid. Immediately, Laxus grasped my hand as my finger was separated from my mouth.

"You'll know what to do," Laxus sighed as he dropped my hand on his lap and put an arm around my shoulders, like always.

"You always do," He assured me as he rubbed the exposed skin on my arm with his thumb.

"I know," I sighed, leaning my head in his shoulder.

"They're getting desperate to get me back,"

---