LXI

---

Author's POV

Running,

That's what Kira has been doing for the past hours, trying to escape the darkness around her despite her legs' fatigue.

Unfortunately for her, she's stuck in her mind, running away from her thoughts and fears. No matter how fast or far she runs, she won't be able to escape her shadow. She'll just keep running until she wakes up, but there's no doubt that this nightmare will not end easily, after all, it has only just begun.

Somehow, the former fairy took her young form. Her black hair flying behind her, tears running down her cheeks as she was dressed like a princess. She looks so pristine and so cared for, yet she continues her journey beyond as if she's not satisfied with her life.

With all this running, her vision blurred because of her tears, she was unable to see the person in front of her. A hand went to her neck as its hold tightened around her skin.

She grasped their wrist to prevent them from blocking her airway, though, it seems futile as the person only held tighter. "You did this," They seethed in anger, the young Kira lifted her head to meet their face.

The black-haired almost whimpered at the sight, the state of the person too gruesome to stare at. His dark hair ruffled as some area of his head missing with hair, his face sunken with blood all over his skin.

He doesn't look like the person Kira appreciated as a friend, but she knows deep in her heart that this person was the one who always comforted her, and has been there when her father made her do unspeakable things.

"Kez," She choked out, struggling to let out a word without her voice breaking. She stared at the dull black eyes, his face drilling into her mind.

"How does it feel? The pain and fear of what your victims once experienced,"

She sobbed, not accustomed to the looks he's giving her. She ached his sweet smile and gentle gaze on her, not his rage and hatred.

"Everything you've done will be brought to you, the suffering, the grief, the terror,"

"And you'll be stuck here for eternity,"

She knows how it feels. She's not naive of her doings and what she's causing to others. She experienced it the most and was the first one who underwent the worst of her abilities.

From the moment she's born, she can hear voices in her head: talking to her as if they were a person. They became her friends, helping her and entertaining her when she's alone.

Suddenly, nightmares started filling her night.

The moment she closed her eyes, she watched numerous happenings that she doesn't even know; the location unknown. She never told anyone about this, not her maids and not even Zeref, who she recognized was her father from the memories she acquired when she was born.

She doesn't know why she's witnessing these disasters, the voices in her head weren't any help. It became too frequent that she started getting used to it, and also finding its pattern.

The first thing she noticed was the people in her dreams more specifically their emotions. She always felt four emotions.

Fear,

Greed,

Insane,

Despair,

It was always in that order.

She would experience the person's fear like it was hers in the first place.

She witnesses the person's greed for power, money, control, or anything at all.