LXXVIII

---

Author's POV

After setting Kira on the floor, Mira immediately sat beside her; tears flowing from her eyes while Minerva and Yukino stayed behind the eldest Strauss.

The group of wizards stared in shock at the lifeless body of Kira. Due to this, no one noticed Laxus dragging Sting and putting a little distance between them in the group. Though, Freed and Evergreen were able to see this and followed behind them; worried what might happen.

It became such a surprise for the group to see her dead in the Tiger's arms considering that most of their enemies retreated; no one present that could kill them. Which rose the question, how did Kira, a wizard in the same level of the Spriggan 12, die all of a sudden?

"What happened?"

The Lightning Dragon Slayer questioned Sting, confusion written all over the Dreyar's face. "Because there's no way that she'll just die out of nowhere,"

Despite treating Kira as an enemy before, he still can't deny the memories they had together as a child, the happiness and fun moments they spent together.

"Did someone attack?" Laxus asked the young master of Sabertooth, interested in what happened to the princess. Sting, who remained silent since the Lightning Dragon Slayer dragged him.

Sting lifted his head to face the panicked gaze he's receiving from the Dreyar. "No," He shook his head, opening his mouth to say something but Laxus interrupted him before the Tiger could say anything else.

"Then, what happened?"

Evergreen noticed how Laxus interrupted as she placed her hand on his shoulder to somehow calm him. "Let him talk,"

Bringing his hand to his face and raking his hand through his blond hair, Sting sighed. "It's hard to explain, it's just-"

"Just tell me,"

Once again, Laxus couldn't help but interrupt the poor Tiger; annoying the watchers as Freed and Evergreen started sensing the frustration from Sting.

The young master glared at the Dreyar, "She just died, she was-" At his words, Laxus huffed and ultimately making it impossible for Sting to finish a sentence. "She can't just die-"

This time, Laxus was cut off as a familiar voice suddenly appeared; startling the wizards and looking around the area to meet four new presence with them.

"You know, if you let blondie talk, maybe you'll know what happened,"

It surprises them how they weren't able to sense them until Insanity spoke up, who was standing beside Sting while slinging his arm around the Tiger's shoulder.

"Kira just died," Laxus glared at the yellow-eyed creature, not particularly fond of his presence considering what he did the last time they saw each other.

Greed joined in, who was standing on the other side of Sting, informing the Dreyar. "We know,"

The wizards stared at her in confusion while she just continued, "Despair literally knew before it happened, and then we suddenly feel her dying," She shrugged as if it was a little matter.

"And it's still weird how you knew she'll die," The green-eyed creature pointed to Despair who was slightly behind her.

Then, Freed decided to step in as he deemed that the conversation is going nowhere with Greed and Insanity absent-mindedly annoying them with how they're talking. "What we want to know is how she died," He eyed the creatures, who were all standing beside Sting.

"She died,"

Despair brought all the attention to her, her face void of any emotion.

"Yeah, but how?" Evergreen asked, trying hard not to get irritated by the repetition of words and unable to know what happened.