XL

---

Author's POV

A group of people sat in the living room of the apartment as they waiter for Freed's words and instructions.

"So, what's the plan?" Lector asked the former fairy as the others were also curious about what to do.

"We'll be divided into two groups," He told the Tigers since the Thunder Legion already knows the plan.

"The first group will be lending me their magic, I need a supple amount of energy to complete this," He sighed, "The others will be protecting the first group from any attack that comes, there's no doubt that Fear and his friends would attack us," He explained, mentioning Fear and the other creatures that could haunt them to death.

"And we'll do it here?" Minerva questioned.

Before the others arrived at the place, Freed and Laxus immediately explained the situation as soon as Minerva woke up. Both Sting and Minerva were really conflicted with what happened but they pushed down the feeling and focused on helping Kira.

Though, Laxus blames Sting for his incapability to defend himself from the spell since he was the one who caused Kira to be weakened in the first place. Good thing, Freed was always there when Laxus was determined to throw the white dragon slayer out of the building.

"No," Freed shook his head, "We'll need an abandoned area, a place where there are no people around that could get hurt."

"Do you know a place?"

"We could go to the forest," Yukino suggested, "No one dares to go there," She added as the other Tigers nodded at her words.

Freed clicked his fingers, "Next," He cleared his throat and prepared himself to explain the seal on Kira's body.

"There are three parts that makes the seal complete," He started, "We'll start with the smallest to the largest markings."

"And every mark, a dark creature will appear which will try to stop the caster from unsealing the magic,"

"That 'thing' and its friends," Bickslow nudged his head to the room which felt like it was urging someone to enter the room.

"In total there are four,"

"Fear, Greed, Insanity, and Despair."

"Insanity and Despair comes in pair," He commented, "We'll encounter them during the unsealing,"

"They take the form of any animal or being that can highly affect you in the worst way,"

"Always take notice of its eyes, the color of their eyes tell them who they are,"

"Be prepared,"

"Don't let them affect you, it may be hard but try hard not to listen to it," Evergreen commented, "It will try to haunt you,"

---

"I don't think I'm ready," The white dragon slayer nervously told the group behind him.

"You're ready," They told the blond, irritated by his hesitance.

"We're wasting time, idiot," Laxus scowled, not wanting to waste the time.

"Okay, okay," Sting sighed as he stared intently at the door in front of him.

After dividing the group, they also planned to make the weakened Fear to go back to its home and all they can think about is using Sting's white magic; hoping that it would cower and retreat.

And seeing as it's white and holy, Fear wouldn't be able to use its magic to grow stronger since its properties weaken it.

"Okay," Sting mumbled under his breath before opening the door while the group stood behind him, ready to block the creature from leaving the area without using magic.

"Remember to not hit Kira," Freed reminded.

The blond quickly entered the room before Fear can exit the room while Sting was immediately engulfed in its mist.

"A blondie," The creature hummed, "The weak blondie," It chuckled and floated in front of Sting.

The dragon slayer ignored its words, remembering the warnings he received as he brought his hand in front of the creature and activated his magic, bright light coming out from his hand and pushing the black mist to the wall while it screamed.

Fear floated away from the wall and avoided the bright light as it glided above Kira's body before shifting into a much bigger form and lunged towards the young master.

It emits its aura towards the dragon slayer as Sting was swallowed by fear, swarming under his skin.

The blond did his best in ignoring it and blasted another stream of light towards the creature before it can reach him while avoiding Kira.

Another scream erupted from Fear, it form deteriorating as it grows weaker from the outburst of light.

It immediately swirled around Kira and went inside her, but the dark mist still present inside the room.

The blond sighed in relief and opened the door to call out the others.

"It's done,"

Laxus pushed the young master away from the door and went towards the silver-haired wizard, bringing her into his arms.

Everything happened so fast as everyone rushed to the forest while Laxus carried Kira.

Everyone was nervous, especially the Tigers as they all grew scared after hearing the legion's experience. As much as they tried to prepare themselves, they couldn't help but feel troubled with the upcoming occurrence.

The Thunder Legion pushed their fear to the back of their mind to not overwhelm the Tigers but they aren't ready to face these creatures again after what happened to them.

Laxus laid Kira down on the ground after arriving at a clear field in the forest before going back to the others as they divided themselves into their group.

Evergreen, Bickslow, Yukino, and Rufus would be assisting Freed as they would share their magic with Freed to complete the spell. While Laxus, Sting, Minerva, Rogue, and Olga would be fighting with the 4 dark creatures and protect the first group from any attack.

Freed sat on the ground with the first group circling him, the second group standing in front of the latter and a few feet away from Kira's body.

"There's no backing out now," Freed told the group of people as he readied himself.

"Remember,"

"Don't let them overcome your consciousness," He reminded the Tigers.

"You all ready?" Laxus asked the Tigers as they nodded at his words before the lightning dragon slayer nodded at Freed, signaling him to begin.

"Well, let's start,"

---