LXV

---

Author's POV

"You look good," A smile crept up to his mouth upon seeing the female walking towards him, "I don't feel good," She blankly stared at the black wizard, her arms crossed against her chest.

"You don't have to," Zeref told the female and took a hold of her bare wrists, Kira glared at the man while a band of thick metal appeared on her skin, taking magic from her.

Irene, who made the cuffs, decided for them to be invisible, seeing as it's not their intention to display the metals. Its sole purpose is consuming Kira's magic and storing them for future purposes.

The metal will only be seen once a specific person was to make contact with it or the person wished for it to be seen or not, in this case, those persons are Zeref, Irene, and Kira.

Furthermore, the black-haired female spent most of her days taking the cuffs off her skin, but the Scarlet Despair must've enhanced the metals to be indestructible for the female.

"Is it really necessary for me to be here?" The daughter asked the Emperor as she yanked her hand, not pleased in being around her father. "It's for the citizens," A mischievous glint can be seen from his eyes as Kira rolled her eyes.

"Let's go then," The female walked ahead while the Emperor smirked at his daughter's action, amused by her behavior as it has been years since he's been with the female.

The Black Wizard went and caught up with Kira and walked beside her as they made their way to the crowded path, people awaiting their arrival. Several people have been waiting for the Emperor, and that includes the master of the guild Fairy Tail as he's accompanied by Yajeel, the minister of the Empire.

"Ah, speak of the devil," Yajeel stood up from their small table and walked towards a spot that has a clearer view of the path the Emperor and Kira will be taking.

"Oh! Frankly, I was getting tired of waiting," Makarov Dreyar commented, relieved to be meeting with the Emperor at last. "Be at ease. The proposition of a non-aggression pact with Ishgar has long since reached His Majesty's ears," The minister assured the master.

"All that's left is the emperor's seal, and then the Sprigan 12 will agree to abide by it,"

"And once everything is settled, you may return freely to your guild,"

Two figures getting closer and more visible to the others far away.

"Yes, where my family is waiting," The oldest Dreyar sighed, hopeful at seeing his family once again. Though, his hopes were crushed as soon as he saw the figure beside one of his trusted members.

His eyes widened, not expecting the man to be the Emperor he was waiting to negotiate, and finally understanding the meaning of Kira's words.

"Long live Their Majesty!"

"All hail the Emperor,"

"Emperor Sprigan, huzzah!"

The crowd cheered upon seeing the most respected individual in the Empire while some stare in awe. It has been quite a while since they saw the pair, especially the titled 'princess' considering her absence.

"His youth strikes me every time I see him!" Yajeel praised the Emperor's appearance, "And, I can clearly see the resemblance His Majesty share with his daughter," He commented, mentioning the female beside the Emperor.

"What?" He stared in shock, frozen in his place as he tried to process the information given to him.

Zeref being the Emperor causes his doubts to increase due to the Black Wizard's reputation. He almost disregarded the minister's last words, but he was able to hear them faintly, yet he couldn't fathom any thought in his mind.