IV

---

Kira's POV

I wandered around the forest since morning as I got bored while the Tigers went on a quest and I got too lazy to train, even though I'm here to practice.

Although I've been here for more than 2 months, I always stayed in one part of the forest which is why I decided to roam the area.

As I went through numerous trees that basically look alike, I hear the flow of water along with a grunt of pain followed by a light scream.

"I should leave, right?"

.......

"Nahhh,"

I silently walked towards a tree to hide as I avoided stepping on a branch that will definitely notify them of my nosy presence.

I saw a back of a tall, elderly man distinguished by his massive, extremely muscular physique. The man has long light hair which is tidily gathered on the back of his head and tied in a braid, which reaches down below his middle back.

"Is he a mountain?"

I looked past the big guy and saw Minerva kneeling in front of him with her head low, covered in bruises and blisters.

They were still for a moment which made me think if they were a statue or not. The guy let out a raspy scoff and left Minerva kneeling as he disappeared to the forest.

Minerva then tried to stand up but failed while I went out of my hiding spot and catch her as she almost stumbled herself, startling her as my arms went around to steady her injured form.

"You.." She said weakly and led her to sit near the tree as she leaned against the tree trunk. I kneeled in front of her and placed my hands above her injuries as my hand glowed in a tint of light green while the small crystal ring on the pinkie of my right hand glowed the brightest.

"You're healing me?" She sighed while her bruises disappear and I went to another injury as I focused my magic on healing her. "Who was that?" I asked.

"Our master," She replied, relaxing against the tree trunk.

"Her father is one big guy compared to her,"

My hands and ring stopped glowing while I put my hands on my lap, "I don't think I haven't introduced myself, I'm Kira Ferilia." I bowed lightly.

"Nice to meet you, Kira." She stood slowly as she put her hands on the tree to help her get up. "Thank you, and I prefer if you don't tell anyone about this," she said while glaring at me softly like she didn't mean to look at me badly.

"Of course," I nodded and she left towards the same direction her father went to.

"Yeah, she seems like a nice lady."

---

It's been weeks since that happened, and I've been hanging out with Minerva more often when the Twin Dragons go on quests. I didn't really expect Minerva to seek my company, but I'm not complaining.

She'll tell stories about interesting events on her quests while I also tell one of my own. She persisted for me to join the guild at every chance she gets.

Quite shocking to see her interact kindly with me but I can see that she still treats others differently.

I guess she trusts me enough for her to act herself when she's with me.

Sting and Rogue were surprised when I told them that Minerva visits me. Rogue didn't mind, he only warned me to be careful around her while Sting was ecstatic, saying that I'll have another reason to join Sabertooth.