LXXI

---

Author's POV

"What?" The princess stared at the Emperor in irritation, noticing the stare she's receiving as they entered the guildhall along with Irene and Mavis.

"You should change," He told the female, confusing her as she was surprised by his words. "Why?" She asked.

The Black Wizard didn't say anything as he pointed at her upper torso, her breasts barely covered due to the wound she got earlier, with his gaze. Following his eyes, she looked down and grew more confused.

It took her a moment before she finally understood why. "Oh," She muttered under her breath before she met her father's blank stare. "Fine," She huffed, isn't really troubled with her skin showing; but the Emperor was too bothered to just leave it alone.

The former Tiger walked away from the group before watching the First Master being laid down on one of the tables.

Once Kira left the area and went into a more secluded place, it didn't take long for Irene to start the extraction of Fairy Heart.

"Will this extraction take long?" The Emperor asked the High Enchanter, trying to ignore the state Mavis is in. The blonde groaned in pain as the redhead ignored her state and continued removing Fairy Heart from his figure.

"You understand what resides within this child is no ordinary magic, do you not?" Irene reminded the Emperor with casting him a glance.

The Dragneel eyed the female, frowning at the sight as his mind can't help but imagine another person. Obviously, their daughter shares a great resemblance with the female laying on the table due to her hair and eyes. With this, it was like he was also seeing his daughter in pain.

"I would rather not see her suffer,"

"Oh my, I wouldn't have imagined that even you feel such emotions, Your Majesty," Irene emphasized on the 'you' as she continued conversing with the male without waiting for his response. "And though this may sound insolent, I must say it nevertheless."

"You must discard all such emotions or you will never defeat Acnologia," The redhead turned her head to face him, her eyes turning to slits, and cast him a dark look. "He is a creature of darkness, of the blackest pitch. Yes, truly a King of Dragons."

Zeref remained silent at her words before turning around to walk away. "Hmm, I supposed you're correct," He hummed.

"I'll withdraw,"

He cast his lover a last look and his gaze met her green eyes, filled with tears caused by the pain she's experiencing. Hesitantly, he left the First Master with the High Enchanter in pain.

---

"Is this ok?" Kira approached the Emperor who's standing outside the guildhall and observed the ongoing battle below. He turned around to eye her form as he nodded, "Yes,"

He turned his gaze back below as he remained silent, confusing the princess with his behavior since she assumes that the Black Wizard would be thrilled with how his plan is going successfully.

Sighing, the female endured the tense silence and stayed by his side, knowing that he would prefer for Kira to remain near him. With all the Fairies in one area and the addition of Tigers, the Emperor can't risk Kira joining the battle. He knows better than anyone not to underestimate the princess considering she was able to escape from his grasp once.

"What can you say about Mavis?" He asked his daughter beside him without tearing his gaze at the army. "Huh?" This question took the female off guard, not expecting to be questioned regarding the blonde.