LVI

---

Author's POV

"What are you still doing here?" Kira approached the group after noticing they stayed a safe distance away from the cave. The Tigers stared at the silver-haired in surprise, finding it odd to see her in such a state.

Her whole body was covered in blood after she absorbed the mist that murdered numerous wizards. Her clothes soaked with the red substance, the silver of her hair mixed with red; the same color of her glowing red eyes.

"They didn't want to leave," Despair answered and took a step forward towards the former fairy. She hummed at her reply as she placed her gaze on the Tigers. Startling them with the coldness in her eyes, "You should leave,"

"It's still not finished," She explained, confusing the two creatures as they were uninformed. "Who is it?" Fear questioned the female.

The silver-haired faced him and gave him a look that made him realize who she's on about. Recognizing the look, Despair clicked her tongue and took Minerva's hand on hers, not wanting to touch the dragon slayer's hands.

Fear nodded to Kira and grasped the Twin Dragon's hand and teleported away, more precisely to Kira's and Minerva's apartment.

Sighing, Kira went back to the open field and where she sensed the numerous presence in the area, along with a dominating aura. The silver-haired stood still, awaiting their arrival and preventing herself from bubbling up in anger than she already is.

Irene can be quite unpredictable, she likes to have her opponent surprised and unprepared for her plans. The absolute reason why Kira grew to dislike the redhead after realizing how irritating it can be to handle the former dragon.

The redhead did a wonderful job in raising Kira, but that doesn't ultimately mean that she's a good person. Kira doesn't ever question that considering that she has few similarities to her due to growing up with the Sprigan. Plus, she considers herself lucky to have never been treated the same way the redhead treats other people harshly.

Suddenly, an army donning armors can be seen trudging towards the silver-haired as the former fairy watched them in boredom, her arms crossed against her chest. The troops stopped a few feet away from Kira while a woman with red hair appeared in front of the soldiers, slightly closer to Kira.

"What do I owe the pleasure of one of the 12 Sprigan and her army," Kira broke the silence, a smirk planted on her face as her eyes glimmered in amusement.

The red-head chuckled at the evident mischief in her tone, "You already know why I'm here," She tilted her head up, making her face seen more without her hat covering a big portion of her face as she analyzed the state Kira's in; her form covered with fresh blood.

"Why don't we talk then," Kira suggested, eyeing the men behind her before she took a step forward towards the former dragon. Her step causing multiple waves of power, causing the army losing its footing as Irene watched her men die.

With no sudden warning, the soldier started coughing violently as their body disintegrated into magic particles. In no time, the army is no longer present while the particles made their way to the silver-haired wizard as she absorbed the energy.

"Now that's better," She commented, inching closer to the redhead. "You see," She started, looking at the Sprigan straight at her eyes with her eyes glowing brightly in red. "I'm rather curious whether you volunteered in bringing me back,"

The redhead glared at her words, irritated by how the young wizard has a deep understanding of how she acts. "Is it the guilt?" Kira continued, "Or were you covering up your actions?" She chuckled, reminiscing that day she escaped. "You were the one who allowed me to leave unscathed,"