XXXI

---

Kira's POV

"This isn't good,"

I looked towards the new member as she received her mark while the others congratulated her. I stayed behind as I sat at the back alone, glaring at her.

"Are you okay?" Rufus sat beside me, watching me glare at Minka. "Not really, " I shook my head, tearing my gaze off her and faced him.

"I'm getting an awful aura around her," He looked towards her before facing me again as I quirked an eyebrow. "Why do you say so?" I asked him, curious by what he's sensing from her.

"She's surrounded by odd magic I've never seen before. It's also powerful, but it can't be noticed easily, I almost missed it when she first entered the guild." He answered as he leaned back at the seat. "Do you feel it too?" He asked me, his eyes covered by the shadow of his hat.

"Absolutely, " I sighed, ruffling my hair a little just by the thought of her presence. "It's the magic I hoped I won't encounter again, "

"Plus, I feel like I've seen her somewhere before, " I added as I heard Rufus take a breath, "Then I assume she shouldn't be trusted?" He sighed as we watched the group of people who interact kindly with Minka.

"We'll see, but we should be careful around her, " I watched Lector walk away from the woman as Frosch awkwardly greets her.

"Do they sense it too?"

"Should we tell the others?" I questioned the wizard beside me, "It's better if we tell them when we're sure, " He shook his head.

"You guys look like you're enjoying yourself, " Sting sarcastically said, approaching us with Minka by his side who's shyly smiling at us.

"Who is she?"

"I'm sure you've all met Minka, " He sat at my other side as Minka sat in front of me, "Who hasn't?" Rufus stood up and sat beside her.

"What magic do you use, I'm very interested, " He smirked, acting normal as he interacted with her.

"I haven't seen you talk to her yet," Sting nudged me lightly at my side, "I'm not comfortable with new people, " I let out a small smile as I faced him.

"You weren't that quiet when we first met, " He furrowed his eyebrows together. "You guys have cute cats, " I shrugged.

"So you wouldn't trust us without Lector and Frosch," He raised a brow, expecting an answer. "I would still trust you guys, but it would've taken some time, " I chuckled before shifting my eyes back to Minka.

Sensing my stare, she looked towards me and smiled as her eyes twinkled.

---

"I was worried about you," I commented as soon as Minerva entered the apartment, "I'm fine," She chuckled and joined me at the couch.

"You were gone for a day," I raised a brow, "You worry too much," She shook her head with a smirk plastered on her face. "You can finish that quest for an hour but you just arrived now," I looked at her worriedly.

"I just wanted to take my time," She shrugged before smiling lightly at my expression, "Really, I'm fine," She sent me an assuring smile.

"If you say so," I let out a deep sigh as she stood up from the couch and went inside of her room.

"I still don't trust Minka though,"

I stood up from the seat and walked outside of the apartment, welcoming the coldness of the night.