XLVIII

---

Author's POV

"Rogue?" The exceed tugged on her companion's robe as she tried to get his attention.

"Yes?" The shadow dragon slayer said in a soft voice and crouched in front of her, placing his hand on top of her head.

"Laxus asked Frosch to give this," She took a letter from inside her frog suit and gave it to Rogue.

Upon hearing the name, the white dragon slayer looked towards the duo who's inside his office.

"What is it?" The black-haired asked the exceed, eyeing the paper on his hands. "Frosch don't know," She shrugged before running up to Lector on the couch at the corner of the room.

Before opening the letter, Rogue stood beside Sting so that he'll know the content of the letter.

We're sorry but we chose to run, you may not understand why but we think it's our safest option for now. It will be different now, Kira will be different now and you must accept it. It's the reason why we're running. Don't be alarmed if she tries to act differently and dangerously, just help her through it. She'll be unstable and will have less control, which is why it's best if you'll interact with her less for a week or so. She won't do anything harmful to you, just us. She knows that we know what will happen when we unsealed her magic, she'll be furious with us. We'll avoid her as much as possible until she cools down, she might do something she'll regret later on. You didn't know anything, we didn't tell you everything for a reason, and you'll be safe because of that. Also, the creatures will always be there for Kira.

Take care of her, Sting.

~ Laxus

The pair stared in shock at the letter they just read, finding it very hard to believe for them to just run.

"What are they not telling us?" Rogue questioned as he looked towards Sting who's already have his eyes on him.

"They're scared," Sting mumbled under his breath, trying to find any reasons as to why they're acting like that.

Sting then walked towards the door of the office, swinging it open as he left the room and leaving the others inside confused.

Rogue followed the dragon slayer, "Wait,"

"Where are you going?" He grasped his shoulder, halting him from taking another step.

"Getting some answers," Sting blankly replied, "If we want answers, we can get them right at the source."

"What? No," The black-haired shook his head, not fond of the idea. "Laxus said to leave Kira for a while,"

"Aren't you curious?" Sting questioned, "Don't you want to know why they ran or why they're wary of Kira?"

"Of course I am, but that doesn't mean that we should ignore their warnings." Rogue told the young master, "Let's leave Kira for a while,"

"I know you're worried, I also am but let's give her time."

Sting avoided Rogue's gaze as he suppressed himself from running to Kira's side.

"Fine,"

---

"I want you to do something for me," Kira told Fear who's curious about the sudden request from the silver-haired.

"What is it?" He watched her fixing her messed room as the furniture around was mending itself.

"Just simple, really,"

"I want you to find someone," She continued before making the blood disappear from the walls. "Is it that 'Minka' girl?" The black-haired male asked.

"Yes," She answered, content that he's updated with the happenings around her despite being freed only a few days.

"Why do you think Rina's still alive?" He questioned, remembering the brunette they dealt with years ago.

"To do Irene's dirty work," Kira bluntly replied, "And she's supposed to stay dead,"

"I don't want to see her face around,"

"if you do find her, kill her or if possible bring her to me."

"Since you want to kill her yourself?" He confirmed his thoughts, "Maybe," She shrugged but Fear knew better.

"When would you like to have her?" He asked the female, "As soon as possible," She stared in satisfaction around her room, the previous events earlier unnoticeable.

"Of course," He smirked before disappearing from the room while Kira called out another creature.

The silver-haired didn't want to waste her time seeing as anything can happen anytime.

"I'm assuming you'll also be giving me something to work on?" Her curls bouncing elegantly from her sudden appearance.

"Can you locate someone by blood only?" She started, "Even if the blood is not theirs?" She opened the door of her room and stepped out, followed by Greed.

"I think so," The black-haired shrugged and mindlessly walked behind Kira, "It'll be difficult, but it's not impossible,"

No matter how difficult the task is, they always find a way to do it.

They then entered another room that looked like Minerva's room as Kira looked around, looking for something. She rummaged the stuff around while Greed only watched her from the door.

Holding a box, Kira opened the lid and took a piece of paper, and giving it to the creature.

"Why did you ask me to track this one, not Fear?" She asked curiously at Kira's actions, knowing that the male will have a better chance at finding it easier.

Fear is by far the best at tracking something or someone, it's rather unknown why but Kira never questioned it when they always hide and seek when they were young despite being hidden quite well.

They always thought that it was Fear's great ability at reading and comprehending a person, making him completely memorize every detail at that person.

"I want to know why they're doing this," The silver-haired replied, placing the lid back on and putting the box away.

"Can I kill them?" She immediately asked, "No, not yet," Kira shook her head. "I want to meet them first,"

The second creature groaned, "But you still can after," The wizard added, causing the pale female to smirk.

"Can I go now?" She asked excitedly, itching to find and kill them. "Yes," Kira nodded, letting a small smile after seeing the determination in the creature's eyes.

Just before Greed can leave the area, Kira stopped her, "Just make sure to clean your mess,"

"It's quite a hassle letting Despair clean the corpses around town,"

---