Chapter 15

Two Years Ago

Panic set in as while I was performing I saw my target sit down near the front with eyes that couldn't leave my body. Keeping Boss's words in mind I made sure to make myself appear more hot and bothered. I was unsure of whether he would wish to be under my gaze for the night but when my eyes met his, I allowed a slight rising of my lips to show that I was interested before moving my gaze toward the back of the room to signal the dj that I would only be singing one more song after this.

The target, Mr. Louser, ordered a tall draft and even though the waitress flirted with him a bit, his attentions were focused on only my form. When my song finished up, I put my fingers to my lips and blew a kiss to the crowd and sashayed off the stage to my room where I sat and waited for a message from the target.

I had removed my heels and paced about the room for nearly forty minutes before I realized that I may have to sing once more for Mr. Louser. Even now I couldn't find a reason for why a woman like me would need fifty thousand dollars. I wouldn't even make that much in three years at my old job. And even less at a club like this.

Maybe family trouble? An abusive spouse?

I peaked into my vanity mirror at the wolf that was clawing its way out of my dress. No one could see the face or the Dorian symbol but its snout and large paws were showing above the seam of the dress I was wearing.

Abusive spouse was close but it was a story I wasn't sure I could pull off.

A knock at my door had me quickly rushing to it in hopes that I could get the invitation from Mr. Louser. I opened it to reveal one of the waitresses letting me know that my next song was in ten minutes. With a weak smile and a nod I closed the door. I went back to putting the heels back on after switching dresses to a shorter more flowy one that without being careful would show my assets. I figured it was time to go big or go home so I opted out for panties and went commando. If that didn't get his attention then I wasn't sure what would.

As I made my way to the stage I wrote down a room number on a card and passed it to the waitress that was serving Mr. Louser with my show name written on it in curly cursive as the perfect invitation.

"Here she is again for her next song of the night. Ladies and gentlemen, Seraphine." Pam's introduction was enough for cheering from the crowd as I emerged into the spot light. She was a bit surprised at my dress choice but she grinned and showed that she supported my first hunt.

I reached for the microphone and began my song as the music pumped through my veins. Mr. Louser was still sitting in his front row seat but as soon when I began I could see the change in his posture. He sat up straighter, his toned body and causing his suit to strain against his flesh.

Since this song was more sexual than the last, I moved my hips in time and glided from here to there about the stage, keeping my eyes on everyone but the target. When I was about to finish the song, I saw the waitress from before hand Mr. Louser my invitation card. When he opened it, his eyes shot up to me and I allowed for a moment for my eyes to meet his before I made my grand finish.

I kissed my fingers again and blew it out to the crowd, making sure to end with the man who was looking excited for the first time all night.

I exited the stage and hurried back to my changing room where I fixed my makeup and hair one final time. After adjusting my bust, I finalized my plan and strode to the room I had reserved for the target.

I knocked nervously and was greeted by the man from before who wore a large grin on his face.

"Seraphine. It is a pleasure to meet you." I gave him my best smile and responded.