Chapter 25

I had taken yet another shower to cleanse my body of it's impurities, like its thoughts, and since Boss was going to be cooking dinner as a specialty I dressed into a more comfortable dress that wasn't fancy like a club dress but more like a going to visit family dress that covered my arms down to my wrists and down my legs to just above the knees. Since the bruises on that part of my legs was already healed or far and few between, I didn't bother with covering my legs and allowed for them to be bare.

I sat at the table as Boss cooked, a thought twirling around in my mind as I watched the man focus so much on the cooking that it was as if he didn't want to see me at the moment. With what happened earlier, I didn't blame him.

Expert hands tossed ingredients here and there and soon the delicious scent of fried rice and peppers filled the room.

"Alexander?" While his body didn't stop, Boss's head did and looked directly at me with an unreadable look. I wasn't sure if he was mad or perhaps pleased by me calling him by his true name but whatever the answer, I would never be able to read it in his eyes.

"Sophie?" I grinned and waved my hand at him.

"Was there something you needed?" Shaking my head no, I picked up my phone to read some messages.

"Nothing. Just wanted to try something." The messages on my phone were from the J's with explicit emoji pairings that were making me grin and frown at the same time. If only boys. If only.

The next messages I had gotten were from Lexi and Kaitlyn who were asking me to forgive them and to see them soon so that they can apologize in person. I left them on read as I wasn't sure what I wanted to do on that subject. I mean, they were blaming me for things I had no control over. How could I not take offense to that when I would have gladly spent a few days in their shoes?

"Only when we are alone can you call me Alexander," Boss said to me as I put my phone back down. I tried to hide the happiness at being gifted this one small freedom when it came to him as it was so very personal to him. Even though I had kissed him and allowed for my hands to feel parts of his body, this one little thing made me feel almost as good as that kiss had been.

"Yes Boss." And under lidded eyes he grinned at me as he finished putting our meals onto the plates. He brought the food over and sat it before me. Astonished, I let the scents of the meal before me tell me the story.

Fried rice inside of a green pepper with cheese dripping down the sides as if it were some sort of cheese volcano and some sliced beef that was confusing me on the type of sauce it was in.

I waited until he sat down and he had the first bite before digging in. My mouth was in pure bliss as the flavors danced upon my taste buds like they were summoning cthulhu from the depths of my mouth. 

"Holy fuck," I moaned and went in for another bite.

"Good?" I nodded and groaned loudly at the second bite that I mixed the beef in with the rice and cheese.

"I swear this is better than sex. Oh my lord." I didn't care that I had just said such things to a man that I was hoping to lay with but the food was just too good. Boss should be a chef when he retires from the mafia business.

"I hope your past boyfriends were not that bad." I gave him a flat look and rolled my eyes.

"Compared to this," to you, " they were basic potato chips. Not even worth noting as a snack." Boss puffed up his chest a little in pride and continued taking more and more bites of his own dish.

"I told you that it was probably not something you had eaten before." And he had been right. I had never eaten such a delicacy. More small talk ensued as we tried to avoid talking about the one thing we wanted to know. If maybe there was something between us. I knew that from my side of things that I was feeling a lot but Boss had always been a brick wall. He never let his emotions get the best of him.