Chapter 20

Hell.

My only thought was that this place... this moment... must be hell.

The following days were terrible and for most of it I was weak and unable to fight back. Male after male had come to my cell to defile me and one after another I drew farther and farther away from the real world into this living hell.

I would cry out for Boss to save me and in my dreams he would. But then I would awake to the sound of my door opening and more men entering to seek their releases. Thank the lord, if he was even still there, that Boss had me on birth control as the torture would never lead to a child. I would never wish this kind of reality on them. On any one.

Days could have passed or weeks, I didn't know. My cell was always dark and I was never let out after the meeting with Mario.

I couldn't remember what number this guy was who entered today but I just laid still on the floor, too weak to do more than close my eyes and wait for the inevitable.

"Seraphine," the man whispered. I winced and pushed my face into the ground. I didn't want them speaking my name. It made thinking about my past too painful. The past where I wasn't locked in here.

"Pst." With tears running down my crusted cheeks I glanced up to see what this male wanted. He looked maybe a few years over twenty five and had the body shape of an athlete. Where most of the men who came in here were darker skinned, this guy was a bit fairer. In fact, I recognized him. I wanted to cover myself in front of him but I was too weak seeing as they barely fed me.

"James?" One of the J's here in Brazil with me? This had to be a dream. He came over to me and took off his t-shirt that was at least two or three sizes too big for me and helped me to sit up. I whimpered at the sore bruises that Mario and his men had inflicted on me and with more gentle fingers he slipped the shirt over me.

"My home-girl should not be in a place like this. Let's get you home." He wrapped my arm around his shoulder and put his arm under my knees where he hoisted me into his arms.

"This is a dream. You aren't really here. I need to wake up." A small grin was on his lips as he went over to the door and knocked lightly twice. It opened to reveal Josh, another of the J's. There was a pistol in either one of his hands and he had a look that spoke volumes. Pity didn't look good on him.

"Seraphine..." I reached out and put my finger on his nose. If this was a dream I was going to enjoy it.

"Boop fucker," I said and let my arm fall back limply against me. The smile that graced his lips looked much better than the frown.

"Boop little bird. Time to go." The change in their demeanor as they started towards the stairs was not that of my friends but instead of soldiers ready for battle. Up ahead Jesse met us as well, an automatic rifle in his arms and pistols attached to his sides.

"Boss is already up ahead with Jonah and Johnathan. Jacob is clearing our way to them now. Let's move." My dream was getting real creative if the J's were all rescuing me with Boss. I was carried quickly and quietly through halls as I could hear the occasional pop of a gun or two going off. If I was actually being rescued instead of this being just a dream, it wouldn't be this easy to be rescued.

"Seems too easy," I whispered and even in the darkness I saw my friends take pause at my words. In fact, the shared look between them was considering the same. It was too easy. With more urgency in their steps they hurried around a corner where Jacob came into view. Blood oozed down his right arm at an alarming rate that had me trying to move to take care of it. He put an arm up to stop us from continuing on our path out.

"Two just down the hall." I glanced down to the floor to see three men laying in pools of blood. There was no way they could have been alive. No one could live without that much blood. I would have wept for the dead men had they all not defiled me. Instead, I wished them a swift trip to hell. Louder gunshots ran out as Jacob fired at men around the turn we couldn't see just yet. A quiet voice that sounded fuzzy echoed at Jesse's hip and he reached for a black walkie asking for them to repeat what they just said.